Hillsborough park fishing lake

Hey up folks.... took my 3 year old son fishing for the first time at the above mentioned few weeks back didnt have a bite in over a hour. This is not as i remember it as i used to take my daughter, a waggler rod and pint of maggots and catch 50 roach in a hour few years back!! Anyway when i was there some young lads came up to me and said all the fish had been taken out and put in loxley?? this would explain us getting no bites but can anyone enlighten me as to weather this is treu or not... my son still enjoyed reeling in and holding the rod and asks when we are next going... bonus!!

Cheers

matt

Sounds like a budding angler to me if he's still keen after an hour of holding a rod, One fish & he'll be hooked for life.

I dunno if thats true, but I heard the pond got cleaned out (dredged?)

And now the water seems VERY clear. Cant say I ever saw the bottom of this pond when I was a kid. Dont seem to see many fishing there either. :-/

They took 80% of the roach out cus they was too many. U could get a fish a throw now ur lucky to get half a net full in a full day Sesh allway do this to hidden gems when people start going they take stocks out it's ruins it for the up and coming anglers of 2 day There should be something about it on Internet some where

I heard the same from someone that works in the park. Cant remember the exact weight of fish they took out, but it was quite unbelievable.

I got told that a flock of duck/heron/comerant species moved onto the pond and destroyed all the small fish and only the tench and carp avoided bein eaten, I can't remember the name of the bird, its not a cross of all three just to clarify lol

One of my pals has just put on Facebook someone just had a 25lb carp out

One of my pals has just put on Facebook someone just had a 25lb carp out

A good fish from a park pond.