What to do in the summer hols for teens

Does anyone have any (polite) suggestions as to things a 15 year old could do in the summer hols? I'm sure she'd like to spend time with friends and chilling out but I wondered if anyone had any ideas for other things such as volunteering somewhere that might be enjoyable, interesting, good experience and might make her feel like she's done something useful with the summer hols.

Start with your daughter's personal interests first. Where do her interests/loves lie?

Every summer since being 14 I had a summer job, I hated it at the time but it taught me a lot of good values (like finish your education, otherwise you will spend the rest of your life on your knees cutting lettuce behind a smoking tractor).

Volunteering is certainly a good option, if you go here: sheffieldvolunteercentre.org.uk/ you will surely find some interesting starting points!

Hobbies generally extend to listening to music, watching tv and being with friends so I'm unfortunately not finding much inspiration there :(

Have had a look at the volunteering website and will keep looking through there.

How does a 14/15 year old get a safe job in Sheffield these days:confused:

Hobbies generally extend to listening to music, watching tv and being with friends so I'm unfortunately not finding much inspiration there :(

Have had a look at the volunteering website and will keep looking through there.

How does a 14/15 year old get a safe job in Sheffield these days:confused:

When you say safe job I take it your not looking for criminal connections!

Why not get her to volunteer at a kids holiday club I know there always wanting more people to volunteer and although they wouldn't be counted in for ratios ect at least its an extra pair of hands and it can be fun x