No more TeaFan - over and out

My life has taken a turn for the better recently because of friendships I have made, and I am happier than I have been for quite a long time, so being around the hatred, fear and ignorance that permeate Sheffield Forum these days is not where I need to be.

Neither is this alter ego who I want to be. I am aware that over the years I have posted many catty, acerbic comments aimed at various people. Most of the time, I like to think, this has been prompted by frustration at the ignorance and judgement directed at people who do the worst in our society; people with mental health problems, disabled people, homeless people, refugees. But there are other ways to respond.

I am posting this for two reasons:

1. Doing so helps me to put this alter ego behind me and make him part of my past and not my present

2. To apologise to anyone who I have offended who isn't a bigot or a rape apologist. I'm sorry. It wasn't you, it was me.

New life this way >>> bye.

All the best with the new life and friendships, mate! And good on you for admitting you might have been wrong sometimes, takes a big man to do that.

Lovely to hear that life is on the up for you! Will be sorry to see you go but TTFN!

Why, have you just won the lottery?

Where are you going that has resulted in this change of heart?

Glad things are working out for you. Your posts that I read were sensible and reasoned, and I thought that you made thoughtful contributions.

All the best!

Glad things are working out for you. Your posts that I read were sensible and reasoned, and I thought that you made thoughtful contributions.

All the best!

^^^^Same as what Mister M says, good luck and all the best Teafan! :thumbsup:

A bit aggravating at times (takes one to know one :D), but often insightful and up there with Halibut in frequently causing me to think twice or thrice about a topic or post...Sorry to see you go TF, but it's a cheerful wave from what you've said. All the best :)

Cheers bud, enjoy.

A bit aggravating at times (I know I am too, don't worry :D), but often insightful and up there with Halibut in frequently causing me to think twice or thrice about a topic or post...Sorry to see you go TF, but it's a cheerful wave from what you've said. All the best :)
Halibut?? Steady on there :hihi: