What to do with old toys and teddy bears?

Got lots of cuddly soft toys and other toys we no longer want, what is best place to take them? Anybody know of charity shops take them off our hands, or can they be donated to a hospital or hospice? Or does anybody know any playgroups might want them? Thanks.

Most charities will take them off your hands, but they must have the safety CE mark on the label or they cant sell them. Just phone up first to check. I dont think Oxfam accept soft toys at all now.

Fable (Epiliepsy Charity) have just opened a shop in Broomhill specially for children and baby (toys/equipment/etc).

They will also collect your unwanted items from your house...which is very helpful if you're anything like me and never have enough hours in the day!

Call the office on 0114 2755 335

HTH

Becky

I was in Broomhill on Thursday & didn't see a Fable charity shop :huh: Where abouts is it? I called into the one in Crookes, it's looking really ropey in there. Is that one closing?

The Broomhill shop is just a bit further down from the Yorkshire Bank. Not sure about crookes one - I've not been in for a while.

The toys will need to have their CE labels attached,(European Safety Certification Labels) or the shops will not take them.

I'd love your old teddies to use to raise funds for a guinea pig rescue, we run a "Name the bear" Every show, all the cash goes to Avalon Guinea Pig Rescue in Nottingham

Ray of hope are after cuddlies for fundraising.

Hi we would love to relieve you of your soft toys for ray of hope for our fundraising We are a charity for children with additional needs mainly autism asd and ADHD .pm me if you could help us to arrange collection or phone me on number on strap line please