Told to get out of City Taxi car because two year old was sick

If someone contracts you to do work, then you are working for them. the drivers represent city taxis and therefore must follow city taxis policys.

So if city taxis are contracting these drivers, are they working for them regardless of if they pay their own tax?

Yes i thought so.

So lets read the facts again so you can understand.

The driver in question WAS working and DOES work for city taxis.

Your welcome.

You seem to changing what you said earlier. Is it because you realised that you were wrong?

If someone contracts you to do work, then you are working for them. the drivers represent city taxis and therefore must follow city taxis policys.

So if city taxis are contracting these drivers, are they working for them regardless of if they pay their own tax?

Yes i thought so.

Your welcome.

city taxis actually works for the drivers, by taking bookings for them and getting paid by them at the end of each week in terms of radio rent.

city taxis actually works for the drivers, by taking bookings for them and getting paid by them at the end of each week in terms of radio rent.

I doubt he'll be back now he's shown himself to be stupid.

To be honest I would be surprised if he stopped to clean the taxi out , I have got in taxis before only to be greeted with a pile of sick already in the back Yuk I think most wait until the end of their shift to clean the car!

It is incredibly late for a 2 year old, could have added to why they were sick in the first place.

I understand you are upset, but the taxi driver has a job and family to feed themselves. By being sick in the taxi, you take their car out of action for 2 hours, a massive loss in income.

Regarding not taking you home, the taxi driver had to consider whether the child would be sick again, adding to the time his cab would be out of action.

I'm sorry but what do you hope from this? What is the point in posting it here? You have made a complaint, and the company are following it up. There is no need to rant and rave on here.

sorry but you are a bell end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeweller

Yes i thought so.

Your welcome.

You seem to changing what you said earlier. Is it because you realised that you were wrong?

I doubt he'll be back now he's shown himself to be stupid.

Here we go. A couple of trolls who go through threads looking for ways to twist the facts without actually making no contribution to the OP's original Thread.

Deffo singletons.

http://www.xperthr.co.uk/faqs/topics/4,107/employee-status.aspx?articleid=24398#24398

There you go, the difference between a worker and an employee.

Go ahead and search my posts, you will see i said he works for them, never employed. Looks like you should learn the difference between an employee and a worker before you try to respond.

Now who's the stupid one ash?

Yep thought so.

Doubt you will be back though seeing as you have just proven yourself to be stupid.

---------- Post added 25-06-2013 at 16:46 ----------

Oh, and if you think they are not under a contract, with a policy to follow, you should really speak to someone who works for them first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeweller

Yes i thought so.

Your welcome.

Here we go. A couple of trolls who go through threads looking for ways to twist the facts without actually making no contribution to the OP's original Thread.

Deffo singletons.

http://www.xperthr.co.uk/faqs/topics/4,107/employee-status.aspx?articleid=24398#24398

There you go, the difference between a worker and an employee.

Go ahead and search my posts, you will see i said he works for them, never employed. Looks like you should learn the difference between an employee and a worker before you try to respond.

Now who's the stupid one ash?

Yep thought so.

Doubt you will be back though seeing as you have just proven yourself to be stupid.

---------- Post added 25-06-2013 at 16:46 ----------

Oh, and if you think they are not under a contract, with a policy to follow, you should really speak to someone who works for them first.

Do you always ask questions then answer them yourself?

Yes.

You did change what you meant, I don't need to go check posts - you said 'This guy works FOR city taxis. Not himself'.

Donna,

The modern way of provoking a decent response to a poor service episode is on Twitter.

So log on to Twitter, write a < 140 character summary of what happened. Make sure you include a link to this thread (for detail) and the city Taxis handle - @2393939 - in the tweet. Say something like you're never using City Taxis again.

Encourage all those Sheffield Forum Twitter users who are also dismayed by your experience to retweet your message (comments like "Never using City Taxis again" will again be especially useful).

When City Taxis understand the likely negative marketing implications they'll probably get in touch. It seems to work with larger organisations like Sainsbury's, BT, Wiggle cycling gear etc.

Good luck!

I have been reading this thread and it is interesting how much hate there is towards taxi drivers and the self employed.

I was a taxi driver for a number of years so I will give my opinion and that is what it is an opinion. The driver would have been well peed off with someone soiling his car. Like as said it could knock him out of employment for at least 2 hours but could also be the rest of the shift and beyond so the £50 may not be anywhere near compensation but also if it is not in the fabric then it could be an hour but come on, cleaning up spew he deserves £50! I do feel as well that threatening with taking the customer to a police station? Well a waste of time for being sick but refusing to pay well then he can go to the police station and rightly too. Not paying until he has taken you home? Well I can tell you in the 15 years I did taxi-ing I had at 1 spewer every year and everyone bar one refused to pay the soiling charge. So getting the £50 up front makes sense as once you are home well why should you? You have got what you want and of course being a mere taxi driver then sod him as I was told numerous times. But in this case the customer did pay and I cannot understand why the family after paying was not taken home anyway. It could have been a case of the car is so badly soiled that it is not fit to carry on but in that case you radio in for a replacement taxi you do not take £50 then kick out the family and leave them stranded unless there has been threats both ways and it is better both paties separate. So I suspect there is more to it than pay and get out.

As for ringing City Taxi,s well I would think once you have made your complaint it will end there and management may well not even get to hear about it and here's why.

The people on the phones couldn,t careless. They have people giving them attitude all the time and the times they send taxi drivers out to a job and then there is a no pick up, they get it off the driver then as well. Customers are always letting taxi companies down so you see when they they let a customer down it sort of equals the score. Taxi drivers and operators actually don,t have the time of day for winging customers, taxi customers let the taxi companies and drivers down and it happens the other way, either don,t give a monkeys. I left the taxi trade for a less paid job because I was simply sick of peoples attitude towards me for doing my job and minding my own business. I was sad but trying to care about fellow human being s seemed to be only one way. Life is much better now.

As for the soiling charge is calculated into the fare then I wish. It isn,t just like damage to the car by the ignorant lot at Tesco,s with their shopping trolley's. I did get paid for a broken light once but it took a solicitors letter to get paid.

Anyway I think this driver was very angry and should not have left this family but at least got a replacement taxi to carry on with getting the customer home and was one of the very few taxi drivers who actually got paid the soiling charge.

Just a note as well. When you abuse a taxi driver and let him take you home remember he knows where you live and all sorts of things can happen in the dark of night while you are asleep. Just keep up with the insurance payments.:suspect:

Edited by jeweller

Anyway I think this driver was very angry and should not have left this family but at least got a replacement taxi to carry on with getting the customer home and was one of the very few taxi drivers who actually got paid the soiling charge.

Just a note as well. When you abuse a taxi driver and let him take you home remember he knows where you live and all sorts of things can happen in the dark of night while you are asleep. Just keep up with the insurance payments.:suspect:

I was a taxi driver for ten years Gary. Of course I got my fair share of a abuse and soiling. Personally I would never have left a family at the side of the road with a 2 year old. It's common decency. The taxi driver should have sorted it at the end destination. Stopping the car and ditching a family for an accident is plain wrong.

As for the insurance comment not all of us hold a vendetta over some drunken abuse ;)

I have been reading this thread and it is interesting how much hate there is towards taxi drivers and the self employed.

I was a taxi driver for a number of years so I will give my opinion and that is what it is an opinion. The driver would have been well peed off with someone soiling his car. Like as said it could knock him out of employment for at least 2 hours but could also be the rest of the shift and beyond so the £50 may not be anywhere near compensation but also if it is not in the fabric then it could be an hour but come on, cleaning up spew he deserves £50! I do feel as well that threatening with taking the customer to a police station? Well a waste of time for being sick but refusing to pay well then he can go to the police station and rightly too. Not paying until he has taken you home? Well I can tell you in the 15 years I did taxi-ing I had at 1 spewer every year and everyone bar one refused to pay the soiling charge. So getting the £50 up front makes sense as once you are home well why should you? You have got what you want and of course being a mere taxi driver then sod him as I was told numerous times. But in this case the customer did pay and I cannot understand why the family after paying was not taken home anyway. It could have been a case of the car is so badly soiled that it is not fit to carry on but in that case you radio in for a replacement taxi you do not take £50 then kick out the family and leave them stranded unless there has been threats both ways and it is better both paties separate. So I suspect there is more to it than pay and get out.

As for ringing City Taxi,s well I would think once you have made your complaint it will end there and management may well not even get to hear about it and here's why.

The people on the phones couldn,t careless. They have people giving them attitude all the time and the times they send taxi drivers out to a job and then there is a no pick up, they get it off the driver then as well. Customers are always letting taxi companies down so you see when they they let a customer down it sort of equals the score. Taxi drivers and operators actually don,t have the time of day for winging customers, taxi customers let the taxi companies and drivers down and it happens the other way, either don,t give a monkeys. I left the taxi trade for a less paid job because I was simply sick of peoples attitude towards me for doing my job and minding my own business. I was sad but trying to care about fellow human being s seemed to be only one way. Life is much better now.

As for the soiling charge is calculated into the fare then I wish. It isn,t just like damage to the car by the ignorant lot at Tesco,s with their shopping trolley's. I did get paid for a broken light once but it took a solicitors letter to get paid.

That was quite a sensible, balanced and honest view until your last paragraph where you turned into an absolute plonker- well done.