Told to get out of City Taxi car because two year old was sick

The party started at 7.30 onwards, we got there about quarter to eight, our grandaughter had not eaten anything at the party, she was running aroung happy as could be. My grandson felt ill so we got a taxi,it was the two year old who was sick. Today their parents said they must have had a bit of a bug.How does anyone know if a child as young as two is starting with a bug? As for it been late at just gone nine on a saturday night i think thats crap. If you had a family wedding /party etc do you not take your kids/

donna , theres no need to defend yourself to an idiot or idiots

Hi,dont drink strongbow,only couple of carling, when we have the grand childen, dont agree with drink benders when you've got kids to look after.Didn't take coats because we were going door to door in taxis.

I too am quite partial to a glass of Carling. I don't pay more for the extra cold though, I just stick to the normal stuff.

The post struck a chord with me, as I spent a night in that same social club many years ago, after a parachute jump went wrong and I was on sick leave for a while.

At the time, Riding bitter was the tipple of the day, and I had one too many. I got a taxi back to Wincobank (don't remember the cab firm) and was terrified I might throw up in the back of the Cortina 1.6GL.

donna , theres no need to defend yourself to an idiot or idiots

thanks, i just wanted people to be aware in case this happens to them, i feel like i'm in a court being sentenced about the times a two year old should be out.At the end of the day everyone has a family party/wedding to go to and everyone takes their kids, i feel like i've done something wrong by taking our two grandchildren to a private gathering.

The taxi driver would have had to clean and valet his car, losing about 2 hours work.

Is a sports club bar a suitable place for a 2 year old?

2 sides to every story.

There are obviously two sides to your personality, unfortunately both of them are no good.

The taxi driver would have had to clean and valet his car, losing about 2 hours work.

Is a sports club bar a suitable place for a 2 year old?

2 sides to every story.

what taxi firm do you work for mate? or even better are you a moron that is/knows the driver? no matter what you think leavin the children roadside is disgusting... it takes 1 hour max to valet the car so he clearly wasnt losing any money in wages was he? im sure he wouldnt have earned £50 in the time his car was off road so should have finished the journey

thanks, i just wanted people to be aware in case this happens to them, i feel like i'm in a court being sentenced about the times a two year old should be out.At the end of the day everyone has a family party/wedding to go to and everyone takes their kids, i feel like i've done something wrong by taking our two grandchildren to a private gathering.
hackey lad is right, you don't have to justify yourself. The driver was in the wrong, for taking your money and failing to complete the job. There are people known to the world of the internet as trolls, you have come up against a couple of them on this thread. Ignore them, they're just wind-up merchants.

How did you get home in the end?

hackey lad is right, you don't have to justify yourself. The driver was in the wrong, for taking your money and failing to complete the job. There are people known to the world of the internet as trolls, you have come up against a couple of them on this thread. Ignore them, they're just wind-up merchants.

How did you get home in the end?

Hi i phoned my son (childrens father) he set off from near crystal peaks to get us but our other son who was closer picked us up halfway down Park Grange road, we had to set off walking to keep the kids warm instead of being stood about.

i`m a taxi driver myself and if that driver was me i would`ve made sure the 2 yr old was ok and got them home ok. i`m afraid i would have to charge the soiling fee. it might take half hr to hoover and clean it up but it would have to be disinfected and allowed to dry until next day probably. so the driver would be finished for the night yesterday. i know this from past experience myself. :sad:

vomit smell is a buggar to shift and i wouldnt let my customers sit in wet damp sick and disinfected upholstery. :thumbsup:

what taxi firm do you work for mate? or even better are you a moron that is/knows the driver? no matter what you think leavin the children roadside is disgusting... it takes 1 hour max to valet the car so he clearly wasnt losing any money in wages was he? im sure he wouldnt have earned £50 in the time his car was off road so should have finished the journey

I hardly think name calling is going to solve anything.

i`m a taxi driver myself and if that driver was me i would`ve made sure the 2 yr old was ok and got them home ok. i`m afraid i would have to charge the soiling fee. it might take half hr to hoover and clean it up but it would have to be disinfected and allowed to dry until next day probably. so the driver would be finished for the night yesterday. i know this from past experience myself. :sad:

vomit smell is a buggar to shift and i wouldnt let my customers sit in wet damp sick and disinfected upholstery. :thumbsup:

Its that kind of attitude that is a credit to taxi drivers.

I remember once been in a taxi from donny to cleethorpes, I was suddenly car sick as soon as we hit the motorway. If the driver had kicked me out half way I'd have been paying him nothing. In cleethorpes I paid him his due, apologies a tip and thanks. back then it was about £25 sick fee.

It is incredibly late for a 2 year old, could have added to why they were sick in the first place.

I understand you are upset, but the taxi driver has a job and family to feed themselves. By being sick in the taxi, you take their car out of action for 2 hours, a massive loss in income.

Regarding not taking you home, the taxi driver had to consider whether the child would be sick again, adding to the time his cab would be out of action.

I'm sorry but what do you hope from this? What is the point in posting it here? You have made a complaint, and the company are following it up. There is no need to rant and rave on here.

Do you not read, they paid the driver £50. Thats the reason there is a charge for this sort of thing. That covers him.

Oh ye, and this is a public forum. Its normally what people do, ya know post up discussions.

Also why is it so late the time the 2 year old was up until. Do you even have kids, probably not.

same thing happened to my work mate with his 6 year old son taxi driver wanted 50 quid and tried leaving them about half way from home. Cut the story short my mate walked away without paying and leaving the poor taxi driver face down at the road side , you should have done the same

So your mate assaulted someone in front of his six year old son?

And people wonder why this city is getting worse.