Told to get out of City Taxi car because two year old was sick

I am not sure if the £50 set by the Council only refers to Hackney Cabs. This is a private hire? It may be set by City Cars as part of their fare structure otherwise the driver can claim what they want but of course within reason.

As for those who refuse to pay well there is always the small claims court if the cabbie has witnesses (cctv).

As for the cabbie being out of pocket so what remark well I take it that is 1 vote to the selfish customers side 0 to the selfish drivers side. How we expect people to care about us we we actually don,t care about them?

If a drunk is sick in the back of a taxi they will rightly be told to get out so why should a child be treated any different ?. Remember the taxi driver needs that vehicle to earn money and its correct people who soil his car should be charged for the cleaning costs. Im sorry ,but im with the Taxi driver on this one.

Jeeez, when will people learn the facts. This guy works FOR city taxis. Not himself. City taxis have said themsleves he shouldnt have kicked them out with the child. Wether you can have your own policy should you be self employed i dont know. But were you not aware the driver was working for city taxis. Therefore he should be following his works policy.

If a drunk is sick in the back of a taxi they will rightly be told to get out so why should a child be treated any different ?. Remember the taxi driver needs that vehicle to earn money and its correct people who soil his car should be charged for the cleaning costs. Im sorry ,but im with the Taxi driver on this one.

I'm with the taxi driver up to a point but in the circumstances I think he should have completed the journey. Perhaps cabs should carry sick bags so no further damage is done.

If a drunk is sick in the back of a taxi they will rightly be told to get out so why should a child be treated any different ?. Remember the taxi driver needs that vehicle to earn money and its correct people who soil his car should be charged for the cleaning costs. Im sorry ,but im with the Taxi driver on this one.[/QUOTe] WE checked with the manager (as stated when we complained) and its different when a child is involved. The manager who my husband spoke to said the driver knows the rules and when a child is involved they have to carry on to the original destination
Edited by alternageek
edited to fix tags

Well said (that the taxi driver was wrong after all as he negatively impacted on the OP and 3 others day).

Yeah great logic. You are exactly the sort of person who would get blind drunk, stumble on to a building site, fall down a hole and then try and sue the developers. TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIVES OR SOCIETY WILL CONTINUE TO SPIRAL DOWNWARDS INTO OBLIVION. Then where will be. I'll tell you where, a place without people kind enough to taxi us around town that's for sure.

I am not sure if the £50 set by the Council only refers to Hackney Cabs. This is a private hire? It may be set by City Cars as part of their fare structure otherwise the driver can claim what they want but of course within reason.

As for those who refuse to pay well there is always the small claims court if the cabbie has witnesses (cctv).

As for the cabbie being out of pocket so what remark well I take it that is 1 vote to the selfish customers side 0 to the selfish drivers side. How we expect people to care about us we we actually don,t care about them?

Nope, because if i couldnt deal with the fact that working for city taxis involved a set amount should this situation arise, then i wouldnt work for them.

Not very hard to understand is it.

Theres a reason why there is a set amount. So what if there wasnt, could the passenger be ordered to pay £50,000?

The policys are set out before hand in all types of business. Deal with it.

I agree with the cleaning charge .... However leaving two children at the road side is not right at all , no on can possibly agree with this. Also you should have got him to take you to the police station , the police would probably do him for wasting police time . At least then the little kids would have been warm and the police would have made sure u got home safe . I do hope the little ones feel better , and 9pm been to late for a two year old at a family party...I think everyone has done this before . Phone the council up and complain to the taxi licensing people

WE checked with the manager (as stated when we complained) and its different when a child is involved. The manager who my husband spoke to said the driver knows the rules and when a child is involved they have to carry on to the original destination

I think our time might be being wasted on some of the trolls who fail to read the facts. The whole point is that this driver works for city taxis. City taxis have policys. I think they dont understand that when you book a private can that the booking is a contract. By paying the £50 at no point have you broke this contract. However the driver has broken it. Regardless of being out of pocket or wether the cab would smell, a contract is a contract and policy is a policy.

The taxi driver was way out of order.

I would have called his bluff and said "take me to the police station"...then watch the police have a go at the driver.

When kids are ill they are ill, and 99% of the time don't give you any warning.

As for if the child should have been out at that time.....get a bloody life! It was the weekend and a family party.

Those complain cannot tell me they have had a child out at a party past their bedtime

"Is a sports club bar a suitable place for a 2 year old"

why is that relevant?

why would there be two sides to this story? the child was sick, they paid for the soiling to the car, so why did he not drop them off? no ifs and buts about it.

Can i just say to the people who haven't read all the posts, we were at a 70th birthday party in a PRIVATE function room with all the family, people who are having a go about having a two year old out at nine oclock can i ask what you have all done when you've attended family parties /weddings etc? do you ban your kids from going cos it might be to late for them to be out? Its not as if were taking our grandchildren out every night its a one off.