Told to get out of City Taxi car because two year old was sick

I am referring in my first sentence to the other post not yours.

ok, sorry, just a bit het up about it all x

That is ok Donna, life can be a B itch at times. Hope you and family are ok and you get over this ordeal. xx

What a shame, the other day someone was singing the praises of a City Cars driver and now this.

Donna, you did nothing wrong, except maybe in hindsight it's better to take coats as you never know what might happen. I'm glad the little one is feeling better and hope the older child was ok too.

I would agree that if the driver threatened to take you to the police, let him, you might have got a lift home and would have at least been somewhere warm and dry. But on the other hand, that might have just upset the children more.

Anyway, don't let it put you off taking them out again, and if you're ever stranded on City road again give me a shout, I could have cleaned up and dressed the little one for you, and provided cuppas ;)

So, a self employed taxi driver has someone sick in his car and ends up face down for asking for £50! So what do think should happen? Putting the kicking them out at Davy mckee's aside have you any idea how many cabbies once they have taken the sick passenger home het told to do one! It is surprising how the self employed are looked down on and has very little value in peoples eyes. This driver would have had to take his car home and clean this sick himself (yuck!) and if it gets into the fabric of the seats then it is not just a wipe off but a thorough good wetting. If he does not get it out with anti bacterial agents then his car will smell of sick for weeks. So in my eyes this mate of yours who left an innocent going about his own business cabbie face down is the scum of the earth! I really do hope someone is sick in his own car and he has to clean it and put up with the smell that comes with it.

As for 2 hours off the road well maybe if he has access to the right cleaning materials and then a long enough extension cable and hair dryer to dry his seats off with otherwise clean it and leave it till at least the next day until it dries so you see £50 may not be enough. As for the whole family getting out and being left stranded after parting with £50? well I think their might have been some attitude chucked in there for the driver to drive off hence the threat of the police station.

So come on SF readers, if you was minding your own self employed business and a customer accidentally caused you a loss and you wanted compensation for the loss caused would you feel justified in your claim or would you willingly accept putting yourself out of business for a while and standing to the loss yourself so as to save the poor customer the distress of being out of their own pocket instead of your own? And as for the taxi wanting compensation and the customer not wanting to pay it which one is the selfish one, the driver or the customer?

Thats the amount set out to be paid by city taxis as told to the op when they called to complain. Its not the op's fault wether its enough or not.

Dont be a taxi driver if you cant deal with the fact that someone could be sick in your taxi.

Also i dont think you are bothering the read any of the posts on here. The op had no objection to paying for the trouble whatsoever, or paying for the clean up.

And it doesnt matter if they were going to be out of pocket or not, city said themselves the taxi driver shouldnt have left them by the road. You cant break your employers rules just because you feel like it. Plenty of workers have to put up with crap. Even though it sounds like the op was very nice and accepted full responsibility.

same thing happened to my work mate with his 6 year old son taxi driver wanted 50 quid and tried leaving them about half way from home. Cut the story short my mate walked away without paying and leaving the poor taxi driver face down at the road side , you should have done the same

It was probably a weedy taxi driver so nothing to brag about really is it? :rolleyes:

Im sure theres a set amount to pay for this type of thing by any respectable cab firm.

Honestly some people. Imagine if airlines started to take your attitude.

The op as clearly stated that they were willing to pay. Its not their fault that the amount by city taxis is £50. The driver should go self employed or change company if he doesnt like city taxis rules of contract.

I think the amounts are set by the licensing department at the Town Hall? Same as the fares. It's irrelevant anyway, they gave him the money, they were willing to pay the full fare as well, he should have completed the job before going off to sort his cab out.

They need to contact taxi licensing at the Town Hall.

I think the amounts are set by the licensing department at the Town Hall? Same as the fares. It's irrelevant anyway, they gave him the money, they were willing to pay the full fare as well, he should have completed the job before going off to sort his cab out.

They need to contact taxi licensing at the Town Hall.

Exactly my point, these are the amounts set. If they cant accept this they shouldnt become taxi drivers. Sometimes you just gotta say its part of the job. We have a rule in my line of work. Customer is always right. Even when we know they are wrong and being a total pain in the ****.

If you negatively impact someone's day or life you SHOULD suffer some consequences and more to the point be happy to. Because that's what good people do. It's called being accountable which is sadly lost on most of the people in this thread. Thankfully I don't have to live amongst you.

If you negatively impact someone's day or life you SHOULD suffer some consequences and more to the point be happy to. Because that's what good people do. It's called being accountable which is sadly lost on most of the people in this thread. Thankfully I don't have to live amongst you.

Well said (that the taxi driver was wrong after all as he negatively impacted on the OP and 3 others day).

Depends what the negative impact is and how serious. In most cases i think an apology, rather than suffering, would do.

If a drunk is sick in the back of a taxi they will rightly be told to get out so why should a child be treated any different ?. Remember the taxi driver needs that vehicle to earn money and its correct people who soil his car should be charged for the cleaning costs. Im sorry ,but im with the Taxi driver on this one.