Told to get out of City Taxi car because two year old was sick

Donna I'm an ex taxi driver, actually was a city driver. Now a driving instructor.

I'd just like to say whoever chose to kick you out on a cold rainy night with a 2 year old demanding £50 deserves some form of disciplinary action. The taxi driver should of took you home then you could have sorted something out.

Makes me ashamed to read these stories.

I hardly think name calling is going to solve anything.

no it isnt on here the forum, but anybody in the world who has children will understand why i think the person in question is a complete utter moron.. i actually know the people involved in this incident and how they were treated was disgusting..

I hardly think name calling is going to solve anything.

You know im glad im not like them even with all their money and privilege.

They are worse than chav scum!

Pot, kettle, black.

same thing happened to my work mate with his 6 year old son taxi driver wanted 50 quid and tried leaving them about half way from home. Cut the story short my mate walked away without paying and leaving the poor taxi driver face down at the road side , you should have done the same

Some mate who thinks that knocking someone out is the right way to deal with a situation, whether the taxi driver was in the right or not and you think that OP should have done same - grow up

It is incredibly late for a 2 year old, could have added to why they were sick in the first place.

I understand you are upset, but the taxi driver has a job and family to feed themselves. By being sick in the taxi, you take their car out of action for 2 hours, a massive loss in income.

Regarding not taking you home, the taxi driver had to consider whether the child would be sick again, adding to the time his cab would be out of action.

I'm sorry but what do you hope from this? What is the point in posting it here? You have made a complaint, and the company are following it up. There is no need to rant and rave on here.

Incredibly late? for a party? The children didn't have school next day - what the taxi driver did was disgraceful - what the OP did wasn't.

Edited by denlin

donna, you have not done anything wrong at all, people on here are so judgemental, as long as 2yr old is ok , stuff other comments xxx

---------- Post added 23-06-2013 at 19:59 ----------

grow up --------------

You agree that Go4Its comments are wrong so bit mystified why you disagree with RRs "funny"?

donna, you have not done anything wrong at all, people on here are so judgemental, as long as 2yr old is ok , stuff other comments xxx

---------- Post added 23-06-2013 at 19:59 ----------

grow up --------------

Get a sense of humour injection - RR one of the nicest people on here

same thing happened to my work mate with his 6 year old son taxi driver wanted 50 quid and tried leaving them about half way from home. Cut the story short my mate walked away without paying and leaving the poor taxi driver face down at the road side , you should have done the same

So, a self employed taxi driver has someone sick in his car and ends up face down for asking for £50! So what do think should happen? Putting the kicking them out at Davy mckee's aside have you any idea how many cabbies once they have taken the sick passenger home het told to do one! It is surprising how the self employed are looked down on and has very little value in peoples eyes. This driver would have had to take his car home and clean this sick himself (yuck!) and if it gets into the fabric of the seats then it is not just a wipe off but a thorough good wetting. If he does not get it out with anti bacterial agents then his car will smell of sick for weeks. So in my eyes this mate of yours who left an innocent going about his own business cabbie face down is the scum of the earth! I really do hope someone is sick in his own car and he has to clean it and put up with the smell that comes with it.

As for 2 hours off the road well maybe if he has access to the right cleaning materials and then a long enough extension cable and hair dryer to dry his seats off with otherwise clean it and leave it till at least the next day until it dries so you see £50 may not be enough. As for the whole family getting out and being left stranded after parting with £50? well I think their might have been some attitude chucked in there for the driver to drive off hence the threat of the police station.

So come on SF readers, if you was minding your own self employed business and a customer accidentally caused you a loss and you wanted compensation for the loss caused would you feel justified in your claim or would you willingly accept putting yourself out of business for a while and standing to the loss yourself so as to save the poor customer the distress of being out of their own pocket instead of your own? And as for the taxi wanting compensation and the customer not wanting to pay it which one is the selfish one, the driver or the customer?

Glad the OP had more respect than that - what your mate did was very wrong and shame on you for advocating it.

So, a self employed taxi driver has someone sick in his car and ends up face down for asking for £50! So what do think should happen? Putting the kicking them out at Davy mckee's aside have you any idea how many cabbies once they have taken the sick passenger home het told to do one! It is surprising how the self employed are looked down on and has very little value in peoples eyes. This driver would have had to take his car home and clean this sick himself (yuck!) and if it gets into the fabric of the seats then it is not just a wipe off but a thorough good wetting. If he does not get it out with anti bacterial agents then his car will smell of sick for weeks. So in my eyes this mate of yours who left an innocent going about his own business cabbie face down is the scum of the earth! I really do hope someone is sick in his own car and he has to clean it and put up with the smell that comes with it.

As for 2 hours off the road well maybe if he has access to the right cleaning materials and then a long enough extension cable and hair dryer to dry his seats off with otherwise clean it and leave it till at least the next day until it dries so you see £50 may not be enough. As for the whole family getting out and being left stranded after parting with £50? well I think their might have been some attitude chucked in there for the driver to drive off hence the threat of the police station.

So come on SF readers, if you was minding your own self employed business and a customer accidentally caused you a loss and you wanted compensation for the loss caused would you feel justified in your claim or would you willingly accept putting yourself out of business for a while and standing to the loss yourself so as to save the poor customer the distress of being out of their own pocket instead of your own? And as for the taxi wanting compensation and the customer not wanting to pay it which one is the selfish one, the driver or the customer?

Hi, im the person it happened to not the person u quoted. We knew and had no objection to paying for the car valeting. We are upset because we were dumped on city road with two small children. i think you have mixed my post up with someone elses. we never had a driver by is neck or whatever, just thought i would make that clear.

I am referring in my first sentence to the other post not yours.