Told to get out of City Taxi car because two year old was sick

The taxi driver would have had to clean and valet his car, losing about 2 hours work.

Which is what they paid him 50 quid for. Still no reason not to take them home first.

Is a sports club bar a suitable place for a 2 year old?

2 sides to every story.

I fail to see the relevance. They were at a family party. Family being the operative word. Why wouldnt they take their kids?

The taxi driver would have had to clean and valet his car, losing about 2 hours work.

2 sides to every story.

We went to a private 70th birthday party in the function room,and all the family got together and yes there was children there, we were not in a pub club or anything like that we were at a private party, do you not have private family parties? Also it was 21.09 when we phoned for taxi to take us home, thats not late.

Also it was 21.09 when we phoned for taxi to take us home, thats not late.

It is incredibly late for a 2 year old, could have added to why they were sick in the first place.

I understand you are upset, but the taxi driver has a job and family to feed themselves. By being sick in the taxi, you take their car out of action for 2 hours, a massive loss in income.

Regarding not taking you home, the taxi driver had to consider whether the child would be sick again, adding to the time his cab would be out of action.

I'm sorry but what do you hope from this? What is the point in posting it here? You have made a complaint, and the company are following it up. There is no need to rant and rave on here.

2 sides to every story.

There's always one isn't their, if a taxi driver would have tried kicking me and my son out on the cold street he'd have been in for a rough day

2 sides to every story.

The taxi driver was given £50 for cleaning and valet time so whats your point?

A sports club is as suitable as most other venues for a two year old

There's two sides yes,

I'm curious if you care to suggest what the taxi drivers might be..

why would you try and rubbish theOP's story without even knowing the truth, your sticking up for someone who could actually think;

'ha ha kicked a family out of a cab halfway through journey tonight. Got £50 quid for sick, mopped it up with some tissues and sprayed some tutti frutti fabreze about I was back on the road in 15mins. Best of all it was heaving it down outside.mugs.'

no offence to taxi drivers meant btw

---------- Post added 23-06-2013 at 18:39 ----------

It is incredibly late for a 2 year old, could have added to why they were sick in the first place.

I understand you are upset, but the taxi driver has a job and family to feed themselves. By being sick in the taxi, you take their car out of action for 2 hours, a massive loss in income.

Regarding not taking you home, the taxi driver had to consider whether the child would be sick again, adding to the time his cab would be out of action.

I'm sorry but what do you hope from this? What is the point in posting it here? You have made a complaint, and the company are following it up. There is no need to rant and rave on here.

take your own advice sunshine :)

curious about your 2 hours remark and how extra sick= extra time

also the taxi driver should maybe consider his effect on the people he's kicking out into the rain don't you think...

Edited by psynuk

The party started at 7.30 onwards, we got there about quarter to eight, our grandaughter had not eaten anything at the party, she was running aroung happy as could be. My grandson felt ill so we got a taxi,it was the two year old who was sick. Today their parents said they must have had a bit of a bug.How does anyone know if a child as young as two is starting with a bug? As for it been late at just gone nine on a saturday night i think thats crap. If you had a family wedding /party etc do you not take your kids/

same thing happened to my work mate with his 6 year old son taxi driver wanted 50 quid and tried leaving them about half way from home. Cut the story short my mate walked away without paying and leaving the poor taxi driver face down at the road side , you should have done the same

Maybe take a coat for the kids, especially taking them out in changeable weather, you never know what might happen.

At least then you can down 8 pints of Strongbow, give them scampi in a basket for tea, and rest easy knowing you are prepared for anything.

Also, the fifty pound paid is for valeting, we knew and had no objection to paying.The taxi driver would have been out of service for a couple of hours, the sick was already in the car so what would a bit more have done,the manager at city taxis as also said the driver knows the rules and should always take a sick child to its destination.

A 2 year old staying up till ten past nine is hardly likely to make them ill. If it's for a family gathering and a one off I don't see how it's even relevant never mind an issue at all.

The taxi driver in question is an ass, how anyone could leave an obviously sick toddler to walk home in the rain is beyond me.

There is no excuse for dumping anyone with children out on the street in bad weather even if you are mad that their is sick in the cab the driver obviously hasn't got kids or a heart

Maybe take a coat for the kids, especially taking them out in changeable weather, you never know what might happen.

At least then you can down 8 pints of Strongbow, give them scampi in a basket for tea, and rest easy knowing you are prepared for anything.

Hi,dont drink strongbow,only couple of carling, when we have the grand childen, dont agree with drink benders when you've got kids to look after.Didn't take coats because we were going door to door in taxis.