Told to get out of City Taxi car because two year old was sick

Last night went to a family 70th birthday party and took the grand children age five and two. The five year old felt ill so we got a city taxi to take us home, we were at the Davy whatever place down prince wales road and we were going to Gleadless. Whilst on route the two year old (not five year old) was sick, the taxi driver pulled up on city rd and told us to get out, we got out with a screaming two year old and a very scared five year old. My husband was trying to sort something out with taxi driver but he was rude abrupt demanded £50 ( normal sick fee ) and dumped us.My husband gave him £50 and driver was rude and drove off. We were going door to door in taxis so did not have any coats,it was windy and raining two year old was soaked through with sick i was covered in sick and we were dumped. I phoned my son to pick us up and i burst into tears, my husband phoned city cars straight away and got manager who told us the driver should not have dumped us with a baby but took us home, the manager is phoning back tommorrow regarding it.At the end of the day we did not mind paying the £50 charge we knew as soon as she was sick we had to pay, but not taking us home with an ill child is wrong.

Last night went to a family 70th birthday party and took the grand children age five and two. The five year old felt ill so we got a city taxi to take us home, we were at the Davy whatever place down prince wales road and we were going to Gleadless. Whilst on route the two year old (not five year old) was sick, the taxi driver pulled up on city rd and told us to get out, we got out with a screaming two year old and a very scared five year old. My husband was trying to sort something out with taxi driver but he was rude abrupt demanded £50 ( normal sick fee ) and dumped us.My husband gave him £50 and driver was rude and drove off. We were going door to door in taxis so did not have any coats,it was windy and raining two year old was soaked through with sick i was covered in sick and we were dumped. I phoned my son to pick us up and i burst into tears, my husband phoned city cars straight away and got manager who told us the driver should not have dumped us with a baby but took us home, the manager is phoning back tommorrow regarding it.At the end of the day we did not mind paying the £50 charge we knew as soon as she was sick we had to pay, but not taking us home with an ill child is wrong.

So rude of the driver. I understand his frustration but to treat you like that was completely uncalled for and sub-human. Certainly I hope the proper disciplinary action is taken. I hope the little one is feeling better.

That's disgusting, the man clearly had no morals

Thanks yes shes ok today, it was so frightening knowing you have two small children without coats in the cold freezing and theres nothing you can do, myself and my husband had not got coats either or we would have gave them to the kids.

Also report the incident to the taxi licensing dept at Sheffield city council.

I'm sorry, but you should not have parted with any money until he had taken you home.

The taxi driver would have had to clean and valet his car, losing about 2 hours work.

Is a sports club bar a suitable place for a 2 year old?

2 sides to every story.

That sounds an awful experience - the taxi driver should have taken you home (especially as you seem to be quite content that the "sick fee" had to be paid).

---------- Post added 23-06-2013 at 18:19 ----------

The taxi driver would have had to clean and valet his car, losing about 2 hours work.

Is a sports club bar a suitable place for a 2 year old?

2 sides to every story.

So taking a poorly child home is not warrented ? The taxi driver would still have to do the valeting.

It was a family birthday party - you not into them?

Edited by pottedplant

Our grandaughter is well today thanks. We gave him the money because he wanted to take us to police station which is what they usually do when an adult is sick, both children were crying and upset,driver opened car boot told us to get the pram out, he was rude and nasty

I'm sorry, but you should not have parted with any money until he had taken you home.

I totally agree. No way should you have parted with anything till at least you got to your destination. Only then should you had discussed his claim for damages.

Our grandaughter is well today thanks. We gave him the money because he wanted to take us to police station which is what they usually do when an adult is sick, both children were crying and upset,driver opened car boot told us to get the pram out, he was rude and nasty

I think you should have called his bluff and let him take you to the police - what would they have done arrested a two year old for being ill? A disgraceful way to behave.