'Fred Elliott' in The Battle of Britain (1969)!

The former Coronation Street actor John Savident (played Fred Elliott) of ah-say, our Ash-leeeeeey! fame, was in the iconic 1969 Battle of Britain film, also starring Michael Caine, Robert Shaw, Ian McShane, Trevor Howard and Sir Laurence Olivier.

He played a junior officer informing Michael Redgrave of a great RAF sortie with few losses against a shot-down Luftwaffe raid. Never noticed him before.

Seems John has had a prolific acting career, in other war films and also in The Professionals (with Bodie and Doyle) etc.

John has had a long and varied career. He has appeared several times in Doctor Who, Blake's 7 (twice) and had a regular role in the now forgotten Edward Woodward series 1990.

His films include A Clockwork Orange and Gandhi.

I wonder what soap fans think actors do before they finally show up on their favorite show? Clean windows?

Soap fans watch soap. ERGO they know burger awl when it comes to actors / acting.

Fred er .... John was a classical actor and always worked mainly in supporting roles but he was ever there or thereabouts. His antics in Manchester's gay bars hit the headlines but doesn't rank at all with what Dear Ken and our Kevin may have been up to.

We await British justice and 12 good men and true to decide that one. As they did with Stuart Hall. Be interesting to see if Barlow gets leniency as did Hall due to age etc. That leaves Kevin facing years if found guilty.

If .............................

Despite me posting the 'Corrie' reference, I don't bother with any of the soaps! The title was partly tongue-in-cheek.

I'd forgotten that John was in Kubrick's classic! On a similar note, the actor who plays the character 'Norris' (Yep, Corrie, sorry) was also in Clockwork Orange, the doctor who experiments on McDowell's character.

More Early John Savident:

More Early John Savident:

:hihi: I always thought he got it from that Tex Avery character!

Just like Matt Groening stole the "Doh" for Homer Simpson from a Laurel & Hardy actor, James Finlayson, who uttered "Dooooooooooooooooh"?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ca/JamesFinlaysonPublicityHeadshot.jpg