The Hand Clinic, anaesthetist & Firth 2 NGH

I have a neurological condition that can be extremely difficult to manage so when I needed what should be a routine operation I was so scared I almost cancelled.

The hand surgeon, Miss Harper and the anaesthetist whose name I think is tim did everything they could to learn about my condition and put precautions in place to minimise any complications.

There are so many people with bad experiences of the NHS so I want to say thank you to everyone involved in my treatment and care. Nothing was too much trouble, despite most of the staff never experiencing this condition before.

I stayed on FIRTH 2 for 2 nights.

Things are a huge struggle now I am back at home but I am determined to make the best of the chance they have given me.

THANK YOU

I've met both the surgeon and tim, both were great ppl, in fact I've had tim for 3 of my ops x

I believe this is the same surgeon who rebuilt my wrist a few years ago.

Good as new now, which is a seems like a miracle considering the condition it was in before. Brilliant experience with the Hand Clinic at NGH.

This is nice to know! I work in theatres at the NGH and know who these people are. It's great to get feedback as we very rarely get to see our patients after they leave theatre

X

ms harper and her colleagues are brilliant and know their stuff

Edited by day-break