Worlds oldest professional clubs

Can't highlight it cos of the stooopid iPad, but.....

"Brain injured"........aaaah Paul my friend, so many puns, so much Stella, so little time, so much lack of brain power to come up with anything decent!!:hihi:

how about Intellectual Disability

I'm on my 11th Bottle Bud and 5th whiskey I think I'm starting to get immune tonight I'm still spelling correctly lol

Good job I'm not going anywhere in Morning

---------- Post added 27-06-2013 at 01:35 ----------

Thats it no more Bud (21) only a drop of the amber nectar and still sober going to bed or I'll be here arguing with someone Night friendds

Edited by Paul Blade

It must have been smart living around these parts at the very start of football, as a number of the original toga clubs were pretty local to our area.

including:

Notts County 1862

Stoke 1863

Forest 1865

Chesterfield 1867.

And the one and only Wednesday 1867

There is some debate about Rotherham United but it may have been in 1870 .

There may not have been a fully professional league at that time, and the teams themselves may not have been professional, but there were no doubt plenty of derby's in and around our city before the rest of the country cottoned on and thought 'That footi game looks O.K' and then the World!!!!!!!.

It makes you proud to be part of togga history, dun't It!

It must have been smart living around these parts at the very start of football, as a number of the original toga clubs were pretty local to our area.

including:

Notts County 1862

Stoke 1863

Forest 1865

Chesterfield 1867.

And the one and only Wednesday 1867

There is some debate about Rotherham United but it may have been in 1870 .

There may not have been a fully professional league at that time, and the teams themselves may not have been professional, but there were no doubt plenty of derby's in and around our city before the rest of the country cottoned on and thought 'That footi game looks O.K' and then the World!!!!!!!.

It makes you proud to be part of togga history, dun't It!

Good post Frankie (at last) but only part of the story what about the WORLDS FIRST club Sheffield FC (1856) and the club with the WORLDS OLDEST football ground Hallam (1860) both of which played in the first ever derby Plus Worksop town (1861) in all honesty you can't mention the start of football without them 3 as well

See no arguing just a discussion

BTW before the spelling police jump in its Togga not toga (first line)

Good post Frankie (at last) but only part of the story what about the WORLDS FIRST club Sheffield FC (1856) and the club with the WORLDS OLDEST football ground Hallam (1860) both of which played in the first ever derby Plus Worksop town (1861) in all honesty you can't mention the start of football without them 3 as well

See no arguing just a discussion

BTW before the spelling police jump in its Togga not toga (first line)

And there lies the communication problem - all along you chaps have been discussing football, we've been talking about partying like a Greek :hihi:

And there lies the communication problem - all along you chaps have been discussing football, we've been talking about partying like a Greek :hihi:

Hmmmmm 'men' in dresses with 1 'tonguing another's ear' while wearing team colours nooo:gag::gag:

http://www.alphanuomega.net/photos2001/218%20in%20Togas.jpg

Give me football every time:hihi::hihi:

BTW Frank Toga's are Roman not Greek

Greek men wore a Chiton with a Chlamys over the top

Edited by Paul Blade

Hmmmmm 'men' in dresses with 1 'tonguing another's ear' while wearing team colours nooo:gag::gag:

http://www.alphanuomega.net/photos2001/218%20in%20Togas.jpg

Give me football every time:hihi::hihi:

BTW Frank Toga's are Roman not Greek

Greek men wore a Chiton with a Chlamys over the top

And we're off again :hihi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toga_party

Paul, you really need another hobby pal, try stargazing or model railways or summat!!!:hihi:

Only knew that as I was helping eldest Granddaughter with some homework on Tuesday and she thought the Greeks wore toga's as well

After watching 300 I knew they wore 'skirts' not full length 'frocks' like Romans did so did a bit of searching

The thing is as I mentioned to Frankie if you post facts no one can pull you up on them

Tried Stargazing but kept falling over backwards and as for model trains waste of time I kept sliding off them weren't big enough

I always wanted something like this:hihi::hihi:

Mind you with my arris I'd probably end up sliding off that as well lol

Edited by Paul Blade

Caught up wi thi nah pal!!!

And I would say (apart from starting a sentence with and or because ...tut tut) that trying to glean 'facts' from a fictional film is not a sound basis for an effective argument!!!

Cuttsie, your obsession with SWFC being older than SUFC rivals your obsession with Castle Market!

A magnificent obsession

Whats yours.

---------- Post added 30-06-2013 at 23:52 ----------

Ahhhh yes come on Blades, let the owls move the goal posts AGAIN to prove a point

We din't only move the goal posts , we moved the ground and the history to a pleasant part of town.

A magnificent obsession

Whats yours.

---------- Post added 30-06-2013 at 23:52 ----------

We din't only move the goal posts , we moved the ground and the history to a pleasant part of town.

But then you moved again from Olive Grove to a less pleasant part of town at Hillsborough :hihi: