Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

If we play like we did against Reading we will beat,L***s,I have no doubts that if we play all our next 3 matches like that we should get 9 points.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADE

Alright lads.

Blade fan since as long as I can remember but not having ever lived in Sheffield I'm not too up on which pubs to go to. I normally drive down as well so don't get the chance for a good sesh - usually just call in the Sportsman for a couple. However, this Saturday I'm coming down on the train with a mate and plan to enjoy our 3-0 victory before getting lashed.

Any recommendations for anywhere other than the Sportsman, both before and after the game?

Cheers!

Are you catching the fast train from Leeds to Sheffield or the one that stops all over the place?

We catch the train at Chapeltown at about 12:10 for a few jars before the game and visit a number of local hostelries, Howard (opposite station), Red Lion, Roebuck and Pump - all adequate enough :banana:

Are you catching the fast train from Leeds to Sheffield or the one that stops all over the place?

We catch the train at Chapeltown at about 12:10 for a few jars before the game and visit a number of local hostelries, Howard (opposite station), Red Lion, Roebuck and Pump - all adequate enough :banana:

I've now managed to blag a lift to Meadowhall so I'll just be getting the train from there and should arrive about 1.

That pub opposite the station always seems to be full of away fans so I've steered clear of that in the past, but I'll definitely call in for one if it's sound in there.

Are the others en route to the ground? Don't wanna be walking all over town before the match when I could be propping up the bar!

The Howard does get it's share of away fans but never had any problems in there. The rest are on the way to the ground and not too far away from each other (we dont like to waste valuable supping time either:hihi: :hihi: ).

Come out of The Howard and turn right up the hill. Turn left at a pub called The Scream (student pub) and the Red Lion is on the left hand side - about a 2 minute walk. Does good food as well.

Cheers lads, sounds good to me.

Just need a nice, stress-free victory now.......

If only I could arrange that:help:

Look's like Horsfield is staying & returning to training next week,Warnock stated he came in to see me about not being in the team & I told him I can only pick 11 players plus the subs & he did not take it well by all accounts,if he is commited to us getting into the Premiere League he should work hard to get back into the team,look's like we have a whinging ex Premiere League player who thinks he can just walk into the team because he played there with WBA .We will just have to wait & see how he does,I still like him as a player but I don't like moaning footballers they unsettle the rest of the team.Anyway a win for the Blades tomorrow.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

Blades boss Neil Warnock will consider Geoff Horsfield for selection from next week

The on-loan West Brom striker is on 'gardening leave' until Monday after a bust-up with Warnock that left United looking to terminate the agreement they have to keep Horsfield until the end of the season and then seal a permanent move.

However, a loan move to Derby did not materialise before yesterday's deadline and with West Brom refusing to have the player back, Horsfield remains at Bramall Lane.

Warnock said: "I'll have no problems picking Geoff if I think he's the right man for the job.

"At the moment I'm choosing players who have proved themselves on the,pitch and also during training in the week.

"Just because you bring someone in doesn't mean that you are duty-bound to include them, although I can understand why Geoff is frustrated about not being involved.

"When he comes back here he's fighting for his place the same as everyone else. Others are in there ahead of him because they deserve to be, but that can change."Quinn is out for at least 2 weeks due to a minor stress fracture.

what is there to discuss. united have fkd it up again. end of

what is there to discuss. united have fkd it up again. end of

Let me guess another silly Owls fan,go on your own thread.

i hear that despite the club ban on booze, mr horsfield decided to arrange a pee up.

doesn't seem to have gone down too well