Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

We'll see what happens at the end of the season.

It's nice to see us take a gamble and push for players, but some of the money being thrown around at strikers is alarming. I'm just glad we never got Akinbyieeeeeee or Helguson.

Think he will be given until xmas to get them in a prominent position.

Originally posted by amamshebab

Colin is simply not capable of taking a team to the premiership, he hasn't got the bottle to do it.

Wrong. Warnock did take Notts County up to the top division in 1991, so obviously he is capable.

He has been managing the blades on a very tight (almost non-existent) budget since he took charge, and the only reason the Blades have become consistent as one of the top Championship clubs is because they have stuck with one manager for a few years and allowed him to stabilise the team.

Now the board have seen what he has done they have been prepared to spend more money.

People have been calling for his head since the first year in charge when he didn't get promotion, but if he had been sacked I don't see any reason to believe we wouldn't have gone the same way as that club on the outskirts of sheffield who have just got promoted to the championship, or the way Forest have now gone.

Good post, well put Patchy :thumbsup:

Originally posted by vidster

Good post, well put Patchy :thumbsup:

Thanks! Considering the Blades knocked Aston Villa out of the Cup and then went on to knock Arsenal out (according to the BBC commentators ... and the referee still hasn't given a reason for not allowing Cullip's goal) then things are definitely improving at Bramall Lane!

If the Blades don't get at least a play-off place by the end of the season then I will eat one of my foot-juice filled socks lol.

If Warnock can't make the playoffs this year, then I may start calling for his head. Unless some massive injury crisis has swept through the club.

But I think he's done a great job at United, and throughout his career he's shown he can get results and success.

I don't think it was about Warnock failing, he did'nt have the right players before, they were good but its only this season the united board have realised to compete with the top teams in the championship the manager needs to be given significant funds. If Neil Warnock has done really well in the past, even last year united fans need to appreciate what they've got. Nows hes had the chance to bring in players are are proven at this level i can see them really competing for the automatic promotion places, although i just hope we beat them along the way.:hihi:

I have started another thread because there is something obviously up with the original.

I have just seen the highlights for the game at Plymouth. It did look a good game with plenty of shot on goal for both teams. Ade missed a sitter. Went one on one with keeeper, took it round him then crumbled un der pressure and skyed it. Front the highlight he did look to be trying hard though.

Eddit: The original Blades chat thread can be found here

I have started another thread because there is something obviously up with the original.

I think Blades chat #2 was going to be started by JoeP anyway :wink:

This is a first for Sheffield Forum. The Blades have filled a thread up :hihi:

RE: The Blades

Can't wait for Webber's return :suspect:

[EDIT] Can we have the old thread preserved and made a sticky in the Sheffield Sports and Activities forum? After all, it is part of the Blades history now :)

Yes I like it. the most popular thread that broke the forum. We took it to the Max!:hihi:

The wednesd*y thread in comparison has about 960 posts and half of them are from Blades :hihi: :hihi:

The wednesd*y thread in comparison has about 960 posts and half of them are from Blades :hihi: :hihi:

...and over 90% of canadablade's posts contain the word 'Wednesday' which means it's either his favourite day of the week, he's a closet owls fan or he ought to knock that huge chip off and concentrate on how is own team is going on and look forward to Premiership footy next season.