Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

Colin makes lots of ppl laugh........:hihi: :hihi: :hihi::thumbsup:

Yes!! He should have quit at the end of last season and the board fetch someone else in to take control.

As a wednesday fan i could'nt careless...

but as a football fan, i would like to see him take utd to the prem: as i think he has put some hard work and sweat into utd and made a good team, i dont think you can always blame mr w for the blades not making it year after year, as we (wednesady) will find out, this champ, league is gonna be a tuff season for us...

I too would honestly like to see united in the premiership, they have a good team and it would be good for sheffield. But it's been proved season after season that Colin simply isn't up for the job, surely its time he stepped aside and let somebody who is capable of leading them to the premiership do take over. How many attempts does he need?

He's only had 3 realistic stabs at the premiership in his career, and was beaten to the premiership by teams with arguably better players and more money, so I think the 'Warnock not up to it' argument is a little unfair.

Colin is simply not capable of taking a team to the premiership, he hasn't got the bottle to do it. I think united will get there once they ship him to some1 else, until then we've at least got a few derbys to look forward to!

Originally posted by Agent ****

He's only had 3 realistic stabs at the premiership in his career, and was beaten to the premiership by teams with arguably better players and more money, so I think the 'Warnock not up to it' argument is a little unfair.

this is arguably the best post regarding this ever,

Originally posted by amamshebab

Colin is simply not capable of taking a team to the premiership, he hasn't got the bottle to do it. I think united will get there once they ship him to some1 else, until then we've at least got a few derbys to look forward to!

how can you say he does not have the "bottle" to take a team to the prem,

you seem to know so much about managing a team and expectations, and where people have gone wrong etc, im really surprised your not the england manager

so amamshebab, if we got rid of "colin" who would you say should take over from him?

with the money "colin" has had available to him, can you tell me a manager who would have got us to where we stand today?

your just another fickle wednesday fan

Wait up a second, chill out my man. I am not just a "fickle wednesday fan", no more than you may be a "bitter united fan". I fully accept that United have a far better team, and a far more professionally run club than we do at the moment, all except for in one area.

It is not that difficult for a manager to get to 8th place year in year out, most managers seem to be able to cope with that, its making that final push that makes all the difference, and "colin" (you seem to like your inverted commers) has never been able to do it, the facts speak for themselves, how many more chances does he need?

There are many managers who could have taken you that final step that our lovely neil simply isnt capable of. George Burley, Brian Little, Peter Taylor, Billy Davies, surely one of these could have been tempted away from their clubs for the lure of a club constantly falling just short of the premier league? Especially one as grand as the great sheffield united? If you finally manage to axe the man surely you can do it, you can't keep a manager just because he's a fan of the club (chris turner!).

Good luck in the derbys next year, hopefully your "colin" won't bottle it.

:clap:

by axing managers here and there does not always help, look at wendy's past prediciments.... wilson, jewell, shreeves turner etc

tell me..... what has paul sturrock managed in his career to be classed as better than "colin" (neil warnock as most people call him)

George Burley has a good team at derby, why would he leave?

Brian Little, i cant see why this would be a good signing

Peter Taylor, i think you would find it hard to tempt him away from hull

Billy Davies, he was an assistant manager who got given a chance with PNE, and did well, lets see if he carries that on

this is the first season "colin" has had any real amount of money to spend, so if after this season he has not got us near the top 2, then yes perhaps your conclusions will be right. as it stands you are slating a manager who has had past success at previous clubs, and is still held in high regard down at plymoth and notts county.

but yeah bring on the play offs :D

I hope that Mr W (pig) as we wednesday fans call him, (whos wendy??) does make it to the prem with utd, for 2 reasons, 1) because it would be good for the city as a whole to have a top team in the prem: & 2) So us wednesday fans can have a real good laugh at the blunts and all the little piglets when they fall all the way back down...

To make it to the prem is one thing to stay there is another, i dont think utd or wed, have the team or money to make it and stay, your not just talking millions, your talking stupid money and we sheffield clubs cant afford it.... As for managers too many have fallen too soon for the price of a quick fix, but it all comes down to money and what the crowd want.... Mr w has done them proud at the lane.... I just hope that Mr P can do the same for us at Hillsborough, only time will tell.

George Burley has a good team at derby, why would he leave?

Quite probably for the same personal reasons that made him leave recently and go to join Hearts.

:roll::lol:

Originally posted by amamshebab

Quite probably for the same personal reasons that made him leave recently and go to join Hearts.

:roll::lol:

yeah i knew he had left derby..... but he dint exactly leave, he was more pushed because of al the accusations flying round

if he had left before the end of the season, would have disrupted team, and the "has" i put in meant to be "had" lol