Fancie in Liquidation?

How do you know she sleeps soundly?

I know her personally. Although i really really wish i didnt.

I cannot believe how much negativity and genuinely thoughtless comments there are on here for a store that's all but gone under.

No, wait, this is Sheffield Forum, the HOME of schadenfreude, jealousy, bitterness, and ill will.

Some of these posts really sicken me. It's not as though Amanda Perry set out to go under. This is all rather tragic, regardless of whether you feel you could make a better cupcake yourself.

Well what she has done is pulled a Nonna's and tried to keep 3 shops open when really the fact that she has gone under shows that having multiple shops may not be a good idea. She goes under then opens a new shop on Eccy Road which is stones throw away from the Sharrowvale shop. She seems to think there is a higher demand for her products than there actually is.

I normally agree with you the Sheffield Forum is full of bitterness and people with a chip on their shoulder sometimes. Although I think pulling this Nonna's style stunt really does rub many people up the wrong way. Not just Fancie but that goes for any other business in Sheffield.

Good post Bladesman. You hit the nail right on the head.

If someone fails at a business once, why should they be given a second chance?

The owners cant looks after thier money, so the solution, give them more money and let them get into more debt, madness.

If someone fails at a business once, why should they be given a second chance?

The owners cant looks after thier money, so the solution, give them more money and let them get into more debt, madness.

Because famously, 80% of new businesses fail in their first year.

It's not always the fault of the entrepreneur - although I'm making any judgement in foul or favour of Fancie, I don't know enough. But if you prevented owners of failed businesses from trying again then you'd cripple business in the UK - you'd just have megalithic corporations. Starbucks as far as the eye could see.

Bear in mind also that Fancie hasn't fired anyone. That's a two edged sword; on one hand looking after employees is a real credit to a business owner. On the other hand if you're closing shops... I'd think you'd have more people than you need. I was always told the last bill you would ever pay late would be your employees' wages, but you've always got a responsibility to keep your business afloat and paying bills above all.

Basically... I think we're probably all making a few more judgments than we're qualified to.

Edited by Richeh

There was a thread about this the other day which vanished.

However it is now official, FC&Co Ltd (the newer incarnation of Fancie) has a creditors meeting on record.

I am not one to suppose what is going on but it's only fair potential suppliers are fully aware of the status.

There was a thread about this the other day which vanished.

However it is now official, FC&Co Ltd (the newer incarnation of Fancie) has a creditors meeting on record.

I am not one to suppose what is going on but it's only fair potential suppliers are fully aware of the status.

Where is this record?

Maybe we should give them another chance to fail, pfft.

Now I understand why people do not start their own businesses in Sheffield... oh dear Lord !