Fancie in Liquidation?

Anything that gets drooled over by the yanks will inevitably get drooled over by the clueless brits, no matter how revolting (Krispy Creme anyone?). The horrendous sounding 'cronut' will be next, you watch!

its not surprising as the backers have too much invested, but if they stay with this business model it will be bust again in 18 months, my guess is that they will try and expand the cafe side more with cupcakes as a sideline.

Talk about contradicting yourself I thought you believed things had to be over priced if your in prime locations and running a catering business ....lol ( ring any bells just look at you millhouses cafe post .) :suspect::suspect: :loopy:

Talk about contradicting yourself I thought you believed things had to be over priced if your in prime locations and running a catering business ....lol ( ring any bells just look at you millhouses cafe post .) :suspect::suspect: :loopy:

ahh but we are talking about a cupcake here???? over priced and over hyped are we not? and the Millhouses cafe has not gone bust or is in any trouble as far i am aware, ring any bells?? one operation is run well and makes money the other....) consequently your post is pointless. i think things can be overpriced if the market wants to pay for it and fairplay to them, obviously the market wont buy enough cupcakes at the prices offered to make a business....not rocket science dear:love:

There's an article in The Star today with the title:

'A flight of Fancie

Lesley Draper visits a new venture that may well prove to be the icing on the cake for a Sheffield businesswoman'

It then goes on to state how wonderful Amanda Perry is...

Are The Star a little out of date with this story?

Regards

Doom

There's an article in The Star today with the title:

'A flight of Fancie

Lesley Draper visits a new venture that may well prove to be the icing on the cake for a Sheffield businesswoman'

It then goes on to state how wonderful Amanda Perry is...

Are The Star a little out of date with this story?

Regards

Doom

Well the star has form in this area...one brief article about a sheffield business going pop and then any number of gushing puff pieces about the new company rising from the ashes (but sadly never any further comment about the suppliers and HMRC who inevitably get shafted).

Nonnas & Saxton Mee are to name but two who fit the profile . Neither will ever get any business from me.

If Fancie comes back (and Amanda registered a new company in May 2013 - FC & Co Ltd) then that will be another to avoid.

When these companies go bust owing HMRC huge amounts in unpaid VAT and PAYE - it is close to these directors stealing money off you and me...

I am not surprised really thought they were very overpriced.

Terrible news.

Yes it is terrible news ........... That she has screwed over you and me via the tax man, the council rates which it can Ill afford to lose due to cuts yes terrible!!!

And now has started up again without any consequence :loopy:

Oh by the way, they have a stall set up at top of escalators in Crystal Peaks every month and their large cupcakes are £1.50 each and a box of 4 I think for £5.

They are full of flavour and have loads of thick butter cream on top with a host of fresh flavours. So in short, Fancies are a rip off and there is no need to ever charge £2.50 for any bun, even patisserie items are not that much.

Edited by BEDROCK

In fairness, they were the darling of the local media for a while; local success story, inspiring in the recession and all that. Some people even seem to really like their cakes, although personally I think it tastes like the marshmallow man threw up in my mouth.

But the prices are mad; if you're charging £2.50 for a cake then it's an exclusivity thing; like Rolex or Cristal, you're selling at a stupid price because it's seen as the best, it's a treat, and the whole damn population of Sheffield doesn't treat hard enough to support half a dozen shops.

I cannot believe how much negativity and genuinely thoughtless comments there are on here for a store that's all but gone under.

No, wait, this is Sheffield Forum, the HOME of schadenfreude, jealousy, bitterness, and ill will.

Some of these posts really sicken me. It's not as though Amanda Perry set out to go under. This is all rather tragic, regardless of whether you feel you could make a better cupcake yourself.

I cannot believe how much negativity and genuinely thoughtless comments there are on here for a store that's all but gone under.

No, wait, this is Sheffield Forum, the HOME of schadenfreude, jealousy, bitterness, and ill will.

Some of these posts really sicken me. It's not as though Amanda Perry set out to go under. This is all rather tragic, regardless of whether you feel you could make a better cupcake yourself.

Yes, of course people are jealous of a person who can stiff their creditors then sleep soundly at night :rolleyes:

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/business/crumbs-of-comfort-as-fancie-seeks-recipe-for-a-fresh-start-1-5801845

Amanda has now set up a new company, FC & Co Ltd, which is running the shop and cafè in Sharrowvale Road, the Winter Gardens unit and the shop, bakery and bistro in Ecclesall Road.

Her behaviour and her morals are a disgrace!

Edited by Maxtor

How do you know she sleeps soundly?