Fancie in Liquidation?

The pre-pack deal is already done, so a new company will continue trading as Fancie, with the same director. The customers probably won't notice any difference. The cakes will taste the same. It's the creditors who suffer...the debts are eye watering and apart from HMRC and the bank, most won't get a penny of what they're owed.

its not surprising as the backers have too much invested, but if they stay with this business model it will be bust again in 18 months, my guess is that they will try and expand the cafe side more with cupcakes as a sideline.

Has anybody else seen the headline in the Star? Apparently Fancie the cupcake people are going into liquidation. Sadly The Star's website isn't working properly, so I can't find any details.

Would be better to merge that thread to this one (not the other way round) as the going out section doesn't seem quite appropriate.

Its the people they owe money to that I feel sorry for, anybody can spend someone else's money.

Edited by sheffgrow

Cupcake ?

why do we have to use an American term for a bun ?

I am the original queen of all things cakey wakey....but somehow I just never got why the cupcake thing got so big over here. I thought they were more style over substance. They looked good...but didnt taste so great. That creamy stuff on the top was far too sickly for my liking :gag:

Anything that gets drooled over by the yanks will inevitably get drooled over by the clueless brits, no matter how revolting (Krispy Creme anyone?). The horrendous sounding 'cronut' will be next, you watch!

If you are going to charge £2.50 for 1 single cupcake then you deserve to go under :loopy:

According to todays Star she has changed the name to FC Ltd. (or some such thing) that will probably be to avoid paying debtors.

I only went once and was surprised by the price of the cakes, the quality wasn't up to much either. Don't know what possessed her to go to Meadowhall selling cakes.

Over price butterfly buns it had to happen ,to too far ,too soon.

According to todays Star she has changed the name to FC Ltd. (or some such thing) that will probably be to avoid paying debtors.

I only went once and was surprised by the price of the cakes, the quality wasn't up to much either. Don't know what possessed her to go to Meadowhall selling cakes.

How nice of her, spend other peoples money then not pay them back and just change the name and carry on trading