Fancie in Liquidation?

Expanded too quick and into the wrong places. The idea though remains viable and I think they'll get taken over, hopefully by someone with a little more business nous.

Amazing it's had a shop in Meadowhall,yet i've never actually noticed it

This is awful news, they are so good!

Expanded too quick and into the wrong places. The idea though remains viable and I think they'll get taken over, hopefully by someone with a little more business nous.

no surprise at all!! over priced over hyped oversweet cupcakes business model was totally unsustainable as are all single line offerings thats why recently but too late tried to expand into cafes, i think we might see that the cafe on ecclesall road has no connection with the trading co !! also i think the business was bailed out a few years ago?

I am the original queen of all things cakey wakey....but somehow I just never got why the cupcake thing got so big over here. I thought they were more style over substance. They looked good...but didnt taste so great. That creamy stuff on the top was far too sickly for my liking :gag:

I am the original queen of all things cakey wakey....but somehow I just never got why the cupcake thing got so big over here. I thought they were more style over substance. They looked good...but didnt taste so great. That creamy stuff on the top was far too sickly for my liking :gag:

Agree-only bought once and it would have been better used as an ornamental object that an item of food ; not pleasant tasting at all (all a bit emperors new clothes) but shame that what appeared to have been a Sheffield success no longer is.

Edited by pottedplant

The pre-pack deal is already done, so a new company will continue trading as Fancie, with the same director. The customers probably won't notice any difference. The cakes will taste the same. It's the creditors who suffer...the debts are eye watering and apart from HMRC and the bank, most won't get a penny of what they're owed.

The bun (cup-cakes???) market has been done to death in recent years and like others have said they are all style over substance, a cheap mini sponge cake with a sickly but showy topping, awful.

The pre-pack deal is already done, so a new company will continue trading as Fancie, with the same director. The customers probably won't notice any difference. The cakes will taste the same. It's the creditors who suffer...the debts are eye watering and apart from HMRC and the bank, most won't get a penny of what they're owed.

All sounds a bit Nonna's to me ;)

The Star describes 'Fancie' as one of the citys' biggest brands!!!

It is either a very sad day for Sheffield when a cake business with a few shops is given such exalted status or it is a shoddy piece of journalism by the Johnson Press.

The Star describes 'Fancie' as one of the citys' biggest brands!!!

It is either a very sad day for Sheffield when a cake business with a few shops is given such exalted status or it is a shoddy piece of journalism by the Johnson Press.

I suppose we do have A4E, but you could hardly call them private sector.