Should I make a complaint?

Hi Butterball, sorry this happened to you, sounds upsetting.

Sounds like the thing that's most aggravating is that if the driving instructor had dual controls, he should have prevented the incident, which is a reasonable view.

Is it possible that instructor didn't have dual controls?

My family and I have had dealings with three different driving instructors about 10 years ago. None of them had dual controls. It may have changed since then, though.

Anyway, glad you're OK!

Yesterday my wing mirror was clipped by a learner driver. The obstruction was on her side and she still carried on coming and hit my mirror. There was no damage obviously and the instructor got out and double checked, apologised and said she told her to stop. Well, they have duel controls, she could have stopped the car herself. I was a learner driver myself last year so I do understand and I hope the girl was ok, as I imagine she was a bit shaken up, I would have been. I was angry because I had my three children in the car and my son knew something had happened because he kept saying "what happened mummy?". I feel like the instructor could have prevented this.

Accident, no damage no injuries instructor got out.apologised.Are you taking the Michael,accept it and enjoy the rest of the week:)

Making a mountain out of a mole hill. Forget about it, far worse things happen to people every day.

Hi Butterball, sorry this happened to you, sounds upsetting.

Sounds like the thing that's most aggravating is that if the driving instructor had dual controls, he should have prevented the incident, which is a reasonable view.

Is it possible that instructor didn't have dual controls?

My family and I have had dealings with three different driving instructors about 10 years ago. None of them had dual controls. It may have changed since then, though.

Anyway, glad you're OK!

for goodness sake she clipped the wing mirrorWe were hit by a tanker while on holiday abroad, turned our hire car over 3 times in the middle of the road My daughter was 9 months old at the timeYou will get over we did:(

for goodness sake she clipped the wing mirrorWe were hit by a tanker while on holiday abroad, turned our hire car over 3 times in the middle of the road My daughter was 9 months old at the timeYou will get over we did:(

I don't believe you.

Why are people so quick to presume there is malicious intent and the desire to put a claim in by everyone, it's such a cynical outlook. I would hate to be you. The wrong was done to me not by me and as I stated in OP I hope the girl was ok and wasn't too shaken up by it but I do think the instructor could have taken preventative measures. That's assuming she had duel controls, I wasn't aware that some learner cars don't. It was a national learner driver company so I may find out. I take it all the people here that think this is a 'mountain out if a molehill yadayadayada" have never ever complained about a member of staff in any establishment before? Hmmm, I feel a wave of cynicism coming on myself :cool:

I don't believe you.

Why are people so quick to presume there is malicious intent and the desire to put a claim in by everyone, it's such a cynical outlook.

Perhaps we could ask why some people are so desperate to have their opinions and lives validated by a bunch of strangers on the internet they've never met before.

1) Did you survive the incident?

2) Was your car undamaged?

3) Did the driving instructor get out of his car to check for damage and apologise to you?

Then please continue on with your life and get back to being a great parent to your kids.

What more do you want? The girls head on a stick?

:|

Any chance you can say what road this happened on and what the learner driver was passing?

People would just laugh at you ...no damage to car.. No one hurt .. You can't even prove she did clip your wing mirror.. Talk about over reacting jeez

You should complain.

What you have described is an outragious and totally unacceptable chain of events. I have some good legal representation should you need it (DM me). Hope you are ok, I also know some good counselors (again, DM me) who are probably available over the weekend.

I don't believe you.

Why are people so quick to presume there is malicious intent and the desire to put a claim in by everyone, it's such a cynical outlook. I would hate to be you. The wrong was done to me not by me and as I stated in OP I hope the girl was ok and wasn't too shaken up by it but I do think the instructor could have taken preventative measures. That's assuming she had duel controls, I wasn't aware that some learner cars don't. It was a national learner driver company so I may find out. I take it all the people here that think this is a 'mountain out if a molehill yadayadayada" have never ever complained about a member of staff in any establishment before? Hmmm, I feel a wave of cynicism coming on myself :cool:

Believe what you want.i happen to believe you and think you have nothing else better to do than whine and moan.My wife ,9 month old child and myself were lucky to survive the accident.I can also tell youI claimed on my insurance for a new push chair and camera which were damaged.I had £25 deducted off both these items Excess.No compensation for whiplash or the 3 broken ribs I sufferedSo as I say , we have managed to survive no tramautised kids Im sure you will also get over it

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 13:32 ----------

:)p

You should complain.

What you have described is an outragious and totally unacceptable chain of events. I have some good legal representation should you need it (DM me). Hope you are ok, I also know some good counselors (again, DM me) who are probably available over the weekend.

:):):)

I take it all the people here that think this is a 'mountain out if a molehill yadayadayada" have never ever complained about a member of staff in any establishment before?

Come on, this is England.

We never complain; we just vote the bunch of clowns out of office every so often :)

where there's blame there's a claim! what are you hoping to get out of this? an apology? you've already had one so the only reason left to be complaining is you feel you need to be compensated in some way.

Why are you bringing your child into it? do you really think people will feel sorry for you because you had to explain that you had your wingmirror clipped to your child? they probably weren't even bothered by it they probably just wanted to know why you had to get out of the car and talk to someone?

some people on here astound me

get. a. grip.