How do I make a complaint?

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q390.htm

It is not illegal to reverse into a main road but it is not advisable. This is for safety reasons. The main road is likely to be very busy and there will be an increased chance of a collision due to the presence of more cars on the road. If an accident occurred due to you reversing onto a main road from a minor road then there may be the possibility of you being prosecuted for driving without due care and attention.

As with any other traffic incidents, if you think the bus driver is in the wrong then report it to the Police.

The police if they think it is worth persuing can check the CCTV from both your house and the bus, interview you and the bus driver and take a decision.

They will then either deal with the bus driver as appropriate or charge you with wasting their time, depending on the outcome.

I believe the highway code state's you should reverse onto your drive way and then drive off it where possible, so OP, what is the reason you cannot reverse onto your drive way?

Apparently uploading the CCTV to youtube is an invasion of privacy, however telling strangers on the internet your home address and asking them to come to your house isn't?

Apparently you, just like I am, are indeed a troll :D

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 12:28 ----------

Just out of interest as a bus driver do you think that in the 100 yards between the bus stop and the OPs drive way it would be possible for the bus to be travelling over the speed limit, even if the limit was 30mph?

I'd say no judging by the buses I drive but that is irrelevant. Would she of come on here if a car had done it? I don't know how far off the drive she had got before the bus came past but if someone is wanting to get out of their drive other vehicles aren't obliged to let her out, if she saw a bus further down the road then she should of anticipated it not letting her out

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 14:18 ----------

As with any other traffic incidents, if you think the bus driver is in the wrong then report it to the Police.

The police if they think it is worth persuing can check the CCTV from both your house and the bus, interview you and the bus driver and take a decision.

They will then either deal with the bus driver as appropriate or charge you with wasting their time, depending on the outcome.

Probably the easiest option, no need to report it to the employers then. Without seeing the cctv it's hard to know who was at fault.

Hang on a mo Just Sarah.

as YOU where pulling out of YOUR drive.

a bus who was already on the road and had right of way. etc etc.

its YOUR responsibility to ensure that the road is clear for you to pull onto. not the bus drivers responsibility to know what your plans are. he spotted someone making a dangerous manouever and he took evasive action.

Bang on (excuse the pun)

It's all miraculously gone quiet. Seems to be a pattern to your posts JustSarah, everything you post seems to be a criticism of others, but then when everyone calls you out on being wrong you suddenly disappear or come out with b*llocks such as your 'invasion of privacy' line. Don't want a video of you on youtube but you're more than willing for complete strangers (who could for all you know be murderers/rapists) to come to your house to view the footage? I sense someone knows they are wrong?

She's very keen on snapping at people who don't agree with her. When she accused Rainrescue of shouting at her (they put one word of their message in capital letters) and being offhand in another thread, I defended them. She told me they could speak for themselves (I'm sure they can but I felt she was being very unfair on them), I pointed out that I was free to comment on what I wanted despite her dictatorial and bullying attitude. This was her well thought out reply.....

Ahhh, bless ya.

You poor wikkle wamb.

:rolleyes:

She can't accept that she could possibly be in the wrong or that someone has a different opinion to hers. If anyone doesn't agree with her, she calls them names so you're probably wasting your time trying to have a discussion with her about it.

Edited by irenewilde

No trolling, but common sense says, you reverse in and drive out. Doing it the other way has always been dangerous.

You're just a bunch of bullies. (not including total chaos who posted as i was typing)

Its like the playground only with computers. If any of you keyboard warriors had taken Just Sarah up on her offer of a viewing then you will have seen the bus actually accelerate in an attempt to stop her moving. When she started her manoeuvre he was pulling out of the bus stop, he was a lot like you people. A bully, but hes just another type of bully.

Thank you to Sarah. You make a lovely cuppa ;)

You're just a bunch of bullies. (not including total chaos who posted as i was typing)

Its like the playground only with computers. If any of you keyboard warriors had taken Just Sarah up on her offer of a viewing then you will have seen the bus actually accelerate in an attempt to stop her moving. When she started her manoeuvre he was pulling out of the bus stop, he was a lot like you people. A bully, but hes just another type of bully.

Thank you to Sarah. You make a lovely cuppa ;)

Says it all and what was on view?may i ask.;)

Says it all.

Care to explain?

looks like i need to sit down and reasses my life.

seems every time i have ever corrected anyone, especially those who where badly in the wrong. i was bullying.

well get over yourselves. Sarah you where in the wrong. no amount of you coughing, spluttering or bluffing can change that.

Saab. take a wet towel and wring it out. your as wet as it is.

The bus driver spotted someone acting dangerously. he moved and potentially saved the lives of his passengers. well done to him.

Care to explain?

Your obviously on friendship term,so your gonna stick up for her.