How do I make a complaint?

My car was almost hit by a bus this morning. As i was pulling out of my drive and with ample room for my manoeuvre he seemed to floor it and then (at speed) went on the wrong side of the road and then just carried on his merry way.

It was damn dangerous and could have been serious had i not slammed on the brakes and come to a stop.

There were a couple of witnesses who were walking up the road at the time who came up to me and gave me their details and said they would be witnesses and im seriously contemplating ringing the police his driving was so dangerous but before i do i think his employers should know.

It was a mainline bus but when i phoned mainline the phone just rings out. No one answers. Someone said i need to contact the SPYT but i dont know what that is, Google isnt much help so does anyone on here know the correct procedure to report this bus driver?

Thanks.

I haven't lived in Sheffield long, who are "Mainline"?

You need to contact First or Stagecoach depending on who runs the bus, they operate about 99% of them it seems so chances are it's one of them.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/south_yorkshire/help_contact/

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/customersercontact.aspx

Google wont be any help to your final thing as it is actually SYPTE, Google that and there is the answer.

I haven't lived in Sheffield long, who are "Mainline"?

You need to contact First or Stagecoach depending on who runs the bus, they operate about 99% of them it seems so chances are it's one of them.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/south_yorkshire/help_contact/

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/customersercontact.aspx

Google wont be any help to your final thing as it is actually SYPTE, Google that and there is the answer.

I think mainline are First Mainline or something like that.

Ill give those links a try. Thanks :)

I assume Mainline was the name prior to privatisation so wont actually have been used in years, is this one of those twee Sheffield things then where people still call something by its old name years after its has changed it? Bit like "Cole Brothers" (which I just find plain bizarre)?

I think mainline are First Mainline or something like that.

Ill give those links a try. Thanks :)

You're right, contact First if it was one of their buses.

Mainline haven't existed for around 10 years! Akso quite a difference in colours. Mainline Ref and Yellow, fiest white, purple / pink. Auite a difference really. If you've searched for mainline that's probably the reason no one had answered the number!

You're right, contact First if it was one of their buses.

Mainline haven't existed for around 10 years! Akso quite a difference in colours. Mainline Ref and Yellow, fiest white, purple / pink. Auite a difference really. If you've searched for mainline that's probably the reason no one had answered the number!

Thanks Ms Macbeth. Ive contacted First group.

Haddy. Thanks for that too.

The fact im calling them by a name they havent had in 10 years sort of shows my age.

Or my level of senility

lol

I assume Mainline was the name prior to privatisation so wont actually have been used in years, is this one of those twee Sheffield things then where people still call something by its old name years after its has changed it? Bit like "Cole Brothers" (which I just find plain bizarre)?

What else would you expect from a city where grown men still call each other 'love' :)

So what you hopein for the driver to get to get a tickin off..

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I would say you really need to push them as they will probably try and fob you off with an excuse rather than dealing with the matter. Unfortunately First don't seem to really care about anything except profit

So what you hopein for the driver to get to get a tickin off..

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

No. A ticking off would not do.

This driver almost caused a crash and it wouldnt have been a no fault accident. He had a good view of me down the road so there was no excuse. He sped up, went on the wrong side of the road and caused my to brake suddenly. If i hadn't braked then i could have been dead.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 10:22 ----------

I would say you really need to push them as they will probably try and fob you off with an excuse rather than dealing with the matter. Unfortunately First don't seem to really care about anything except profit

I hope you are wrong. When i spoke to them i did say i was considering ring the police and when i did he seemed to sit up a bit and take more interest.

I will too by the way, if First give me no joy then i will be informing the police.

If the driver had written off his bus, the OPs car and injured his passengers, himself or the OP this would cost a lot of time and money. I hope the complaint gets past the first contact.