Labour solves housing crisis

after he sold off the countries gold reserves at rock bottom prices losing the country £9billion, idiot is rather tame for what he really is.

its odd how a number of american banks managed to stave off liquidation due to the money they made buying our gold and selling it at a profit a little while later. Did Brown do this for us, or for money men in the USA?

A couple of things.

At the height of the gold sell-off hysteria, which for the better informed is now a distant memory, the loss oft quoted was 6bn quid. Osborne wrote off nearly that much in HMRC sweatheart deals in his first year as chancellor.

Given that the gold price has plummeted over the last year, how much has Osborne lost us by not selling more gold at the peak price?

Where does Brown get his money from nowadays? Is he a hard-working MP who spends his time supporting his party?

He donates most of his lecture giving fees and the royalties from his book to the charity relating to the death of his child.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 21:38 ----------

after he sold off the countries gold reserves at rock bottom prices losing the country £9billion, idiot is rather tame for what he really is.

its odd how a number of american banks managed to stave off liquidation due to the money they made buying our gold and selling it at a profit a little while later. Did Brown do this for us, or for money men in the USA?

I was referring to the one eyed part ... I had a "mini stroke" early last year which took away the sight in my right eye,I can assure you it really is no fun.

Please don't think I'm preaching or looking for sympathy of any kind,but if you could just think about it for a minute it'd certainly be appreciated.

Cheers.

too many firms with planning permission for projects are "sitting on land" as it gains value, instead of using it.

Yeah, this is true but it's their land. They can do with it what they want.

A tax on land might be the answer:

A land tax is 200 years overdue

In areas that people need to or want to live, many of the empty properties are in areas of high unemployment

While looking on Rightmove I see lots of places in nice areas that are clearly unoccupied (no furniture) but which haven't sold. Sometimes for up to a year or more.

I'm sure it's the estate agent's fault, not the price.

As I keep saying, this is 2013, not 2007, top of the bubble territory.

It's a different world out there.

A couple of things.

At the height of the gold sell-off hysteria, which for the better informed is now a distant memory, the loss oft quoted was 6bn quid. Osborne wrote off nearly that much in HMRC sweatheart deals in his first year as chancellor.

Given that the gold price has plummeted over the last year, how much has Osborne lost us by not selling more gold at the peak price?

Old WeX, (previously serapis) has never bothered to trouble himself with the facts!

While looking on Rightmove I see lots of places in nice areas that are clearly unoccupied (no furniture) but which haven't sold. Sometimes for up to a year or more.

I'm sure it's the estate agent's fault, not the price.

As I keep saying, this is 2013, not 2007, top of the bubble territory.

It's a different world out there.

Estate agents can be crap, but if you were selling a house and a year went by surely you'd switch to another agent?

Estate agents can be crap, but if you were selling a house and a year went by surely you'd switch to another agent?

To another estate agent also with empty properties on the market?

The reality is that asking prices in some (not all) regions are beyond levels that people are willing to pay.

The first step to understanding the housing crisis, and it is a crisis on so many levels, is to question why that sort of thing is happening.

I think the problem isn't lack of housing, it's that sucessive governments have built up an expectation that those who don't work can have all the same things people who do work have, just a bit less nice. Their own house being the main one.

Time to knock that on the head and come up with an effective communal housing solutions for those who require of others to keep a roof over their head.

I think the problem isn't lack of housing, it's that sucessive governments have built up an expectation that those who don't work can have all the same things people who do work have, just a bit less nice. Their own house being the main one.

Time to knock that on the head and come up with an effective communal housing solutions for those who require of others to keep a roof over their head.

Get off your high horse man, and stop listening to fairy tales. If people stop giving you wood in the winter, what would you do ? What if they couldn't afford your services ? Is your Empire self built, have you done it from scratch ? Did you Inherit anything ? Or are you a wizz kid ?

Get off your high horse man, and stop listening to fairy tales. If people stop giving you wood in the winter, what would you do ? What if they couldn't afford your services ? Is your Empire self built, have you done it from scratch ? Did you Inherit anything ? Or are you a wizz kid ?

I'm strictly a one man woman so not needing random people to give me wood in the winter or indeed the summer, my good lady does all I need in that regard, and what the issue has to do with the subject at hand I have no idea.

If people require but can't afford my services and it occurs, I tend to direct them to the forum and it's jobs section and it's many doleys.

This is my early retirement mate, done the tedious bit in suits and ties to make the cash, done the headache stuff with God knows how many staff to reinforce that and now just chilling with a select bunch of customers gardening away and happy, genuinely happy. Bills still need paying even with no mortgage and I'm a worker so I work.

What's your story?

Supermarkets are the largest land hoarders in Britain.

They secure a site and then buy up as much land within a radius so that other supermarkets cannot build near them.

Been going on for years.

Where do you shop?

I'm strictly a one man woman so not needing random people to give me wood in the winter or indeed the summer, my good lady does all I need in that regard, and what the issue has to do with the subject at hand I have no idea.

If people require but can't afford my services and it occurs, I tend to direct them to the forum and it's jobs section and it's many doleys.

This is my early retirement mate, done the tedious bit in suits and ties to make the cash, done the headache stuff with God knows how many staff to reinforce that and now just chilling with a select bunch of customers gardening away and happy, genuinely happy. Bills still need paying even with no mortgage and I'm a worker so I work.

What's your story?

-

Wow , what a reply, but no answers ! My story ! worked 30 years skilled CNC engineer, and never slagged anyone. Could service your tools to microns-but then grass !! It dosn't need that amount of skill. Or do's it Mr Perfect ? OK MR Worker. STOP SLAGGING !!!!!!

-

Wow , what a reply, but no answers ! My story ! worked 30 years skilled CNC engineer, and never slagged anyone. Could service your tools to microns-but then grass !! It dosn't need that amount of skill. Or do's it Mr Perfect ? OK MR Worker. STOP SLAGGING !!!!!!

So you are not a slag but you are a grass.

OK, that's fine, I suppose. Well done.

You seem very angry about nothing, try and sort that out.as being cross for no reason really does not help you or anyone. :)