Annoying Buskers in Sheffield

If you like them or not is kinda irrelevant. There are some really good buskers out there. Even if they aren't that good at least they're trying to do something positive for the City and themselves. With Sheffield being host to Tramlines and having a history of great music coming from here I'd rather see as many buskers as possible going out to do what they love.

Agreed and well said.:thumbsup:

There's a chap at the bottom of Fargate who has a wonderful voice. Last time I heard him, one Sunday afternoon, I thought: what is he doing HERE?! But then again, that's the point - he brightened up my walk down that end of town (hats off to him!).

The guy with the dyed red hair who plays guitar around Fargate is pretty good, as is the violinist you see near the City Hall (needs more than four pieces of music to play tho if im honest).

The worst one iv seen is the guy who plays the tambourine and just shouts random words over the top of it! Surely he doesnt take much money off passers by?!

If you like them or not is kinda irrelevant. There are some really good buskers out there. Even if they aren't that good at least they're trying to do something positive for the City and themselves. With Sheffield being host to Tramlines and having a history of great music coming from here I'd rather see as many buskers as possible going out to do what they love.

Of course its relevant, have you read the thread title ?

I find all the beggers on west street more annoying. As later on they will be in the 24 hour booze shop

Steer well clear of York then!

They beat the chuffin' chuggers and canvassers, that's for sure.

Whadayawant? A lone bloke blowing his mouth organ whilst tumbleweed rolls on down an empty street?

I love it when the York buskers come to Sheffield.

Especially Blackbeards Tea Party and Doctor Peacock. :)

Anyone seen the big lad who pitches up in Rotherham town centre? looks like a drug dealer, shell suit, bling, pit bull etc, then he turns on his beat box and sings opera beautifully with a soaring, powerful, pitch perfect voice. A lady next to me was reduced to tears!

Is it me or is anyone else starting to get sick and tired of Buskers now in the centre of Sheffield. At one time it was an instrument of some type played sweetly with a certain level of vocals, now we have to have amps and speakers and blast it all over the city centre. We now also have the idiots who insist on consistently repeating the same thing over and over again. The violinist who has been at Barkers Pool for the last 4 days is an example, you are not even supposed to busk there due to past complaints from businesses in the area yet he still insists on playing the same old tune again and again (craply). The Romanian looking woman who plays the accordian cannot even manage a full tune before repeating.

if you dont like it...wear ear protectors...:hihi:

With Sheffield being host to Tramlines and having a history of great music coming from here I'd rather see as many buskers as possible going out to do what they love.

And how many played Woodstock?

---------- Post added 22-06-2013 at 11:36 ----------

A lady next to me was reduced to tears!

Must have been very painful.

Edited by Peer Gynt

The red cowboy hat wearing guy with his inability to press more than one key on his elc piano or bang his plastic tambourine void of rhythm whilst saying random things - he makes me smile. I've seen him get a lot of tips, people must think he has an illness. Maybe he does, nevertheless he brightens my day.

I like buskers for the most part. I think they give our moribund city centre a bit of life.

Is it me or is anyone else starting to get sick and tired of Buskers now in the centre of Sheffield. At one time it was an instrument of some type played sweetly with a certain level of vocals, now we have to have amps and speakers and blast it all over the city centre. We now also have the idiots who insist on consistently repeating the same thing over and over again. The violinist who has been at Barkers Pool for the last 4 days is an example, you are not even supposed to busk there due to past complaints from businesses in the area yet he still insists on playing the same old tune again and again (craply). The Romanian looking woman who plays the accordian cannot even manage a full tune before repeating.
simple answer , just walk on by,you will soon be out of ear shot and be able to carry on doing what you want to do

think yourself lucky. I was in amsterdam this week and there was a bloke wearing a horse mask hitting a pan with chop sticks.

but was he selling crack? :hihi: