More money being spent on pagehall area

it must be hundreds of pounds a week cleaning that specific area outside the shops where everyone congregates, its every morning with road sweepers and men.

it must be hundreds of pounds a week cleaning that specific area outside the shops where everyone congregates, its every morning with road sweepers and men.

My bold=

Plenty of money is made from business rates from the businesses around that area.

Are there sufficient bins for the footfall/business type there?

Not like the problems when a bunch of fast food restaurants open in an area, but there are no street bins to be seen for miles???

My bold=

Plenty of money is made from business rates from the businesses around that area.

So that makes it alright then ?

There is plenty of money from business rates in all areas of sheffield , yet none look like the disgusting page hall !

There is plenty of money from business rates in all areas of sheffield , yet none look like the disgusting page hall !

yes i couldnt quite see the logic (any logic) in that statement, its ok to litter on a massive scale at Page hall because the business rates paid there cover it?

there are bins right there, its the local people who are causing it, fine them, its SO SIMPLE :D

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 21:46 ----------

My bold=

you really will have to explain your thinking on this one, its lost on me. how can it be acceptable for the regular 20-50 locals who stand there all day doing sweet fa to litter continually, for us council tax payers to have to pay towards cleaning up?

business rates have nothing whatsoever to do with it and will be lost in the general expense of cleaning up the filthy streets

yes i couldnt quite see the logic (any logic) in that statement, its ok to litter on a massive scale at Page hall because the business rates paid there cover it?

there are bins right there, its the local people who are causing it, fine them, its SO SIMPLE :D

Are you both saying that Page Hall has more litter than any other place in Sheffield?

What is it with people on here and Page Hall?

I used to live just off West Street and I can guarantee that every Friday night and Saturday night people openly urinate in the street (summertime it stank to high heaven I can tell you), there are flyers littered everywhere, drunkards walking in front of trams, people fighting & kicking off, not to mention puddles of pavement pizza, screaming and shouting.

Some of the idiots who patronised the bars and clubs round there could well do with a course organised by the council (and by the NHS)

But come Saturday and Sunday early morning there would be teams of street cleaners mopping up after the louts.

And these are so called respectable citizens. I think people should look to themselves and their own before criticising the people of Page Hall

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 21:46 ----------

you really will have to explain your thinking on this one, its lost on me. how can it be acceptable for the regular 20-50 locals who stand there all day doing sweet fa to litter continually, for us council tax payers to have to pay towards cleaning up?

business rates have nothing whatsoever to do with it and will be lost in the general expense of cleaning up the filthy streets

Where did I say it was acceptable? I pointed out in response to your 100's are spent cleaning up that the council does get business rates which I'm sure pays towards street cleaning.

Are you both saying that Page Hall has more litter than any other place in Sheffield?

go have a look early morning or late night, prior to the daily clean up. got to be one of the worst areas at present, i cant recall seeing anywhere else as filthy on a regular basis.

something must be happening about it as the community police were there this morning speaking to people.

What is it with people on here and Page Hall?

I used to live just off West Street and I can guarantee that every Friday night and Saturday night people openly urinate in the street (summertime it stank to high heaven I can tell you), there are flyers littered everywhere, drunkards walking in front of trams, people fighting & kicking off, not to mention puddles of pavement pizza, screaming and shouting.

Some of the idiots who patronised the bars and clubs round there could well do with a course organised by the council (and by the NHS)

But come Saturday and Sunday early morning there would be teams of street cleaners mopping up after the louts.

And these are so called respectable citizens. I think people should look to themselves and their own before criticising the people of Page Hall

that sort of mess is to be expected in any city centre on a weekend. but in a mostly residential suburb, every day of the week? really?

I have commented on this issue on several threads and in the Sheffeld Star maintaining nothing will happen until certain elements if my community are educated in basic levels if expectation to live in Page Hall, however, recently I have also witnessed an increase in drivers passing along Firth Park Road, winding down their windows and throwing out rubbish. Education must exceed the Page Hall boundary.

We are not a rubbish dump!!

OP Quote -"I think there is worse parts than pagehall that need money"

What's the point in throwing money into areas that are full of cack?

I went on a bus through Page Hall the other day. Don't usually travel by bus or go through that area, but what a dump!

That said, the bus journey also took me through Parson Cross/Shiregreen, Firth Park, Firvale, Pitsmoor, The Wicker, Haymarket and into High St near TJ Hughes.

You could clearly see how the areas deteriorated from Sheff Lane Top onwards (it aint great there, I know).

Even once in town,The Haymarket/Snig Hill/ High St to the bottom of Fargate seemed to be full of the dregs and it only seemed to improve around the Peace Gardens area.

Politicians/Council leaders should perhaps take the said bus journey and see what a dump Sheffield has become.

Hopefully, anyone visiting Sheffield won't take the journey because that will be the first and last time they come.

Edited by willowwisp2