More money being spent on pagehall area

Anyone else think its wrong that pagehall is getting more money spent on it to clean it up. I know it looks like a tip on some roads but not that long ago thay all got new roofs and some got new drives and walling put up. I think there is worse parts than pagehall that need money

---------- Post added 20-06-2013 at 17:38 ----------

Anyone else think its wrong that pagehall is getting more money spent on it to clean it up. I know it looks like a tip on some roads but not that long ago thay all got new roofs and some got new drives and walling put up. I think there is worse parts than pagehall that need money

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-council-targets-area-for-clean-up-1-5784830

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-council-targets-area-for-clean-up-1-5784830

Read the article again and you will see that they are not doing a clean up.

If by not long ago you mean 15 years that money was from Europe specifically for areas that were underfunded and needed sprucing up it was only the properties on the main roads that received this money so as to make it look nice on the way into the city.

Also I'm trying think where new driveways were installed at Pag Hall please illuminate me as to where it was

Parsons cross and the manor also received money for this kind of thing

The cost is also minimal if it educates people to what they can and can't dump

What the article doesn't say that the council also plans NOT to sweep the Page Hall area to highlight how much litter is generated.

I emailed the council, as a resident of Page Hall as below and just got a stick answer.

"Dear Sirs

It has come to my attention that, despite objection at the recent Residents Meeting, the council plans to withdraw street cleaning in the Page Hall area to highlight the amount of waste they collect.

Clearly the council are not interested in the opinions if their electorate.

Firstly, why should respectable residents be subject to this puerile punishment? ( if you don't keep your bedroom clean, I'm not cleaning it, mentality)

Secondly, those who do leave litter behind won't be shamed in to stopping it by this method.

Thirdly, does the Council plan to visit residents when working voters, such as myself, are at home to explain their decision, rather than the usual anonymous letter drop ( more waste)?

Fourthly, how do they plan to police it?

Fifthly, so they plan to stop large scale congregation of immigrants in the Page Hall area, who are a major culprit for this issue?

Finally, how does the Council plan to offer feedback to residents and what initiatives do they want to propose as short/ long term results ?

I agree education and social responsibility are vital in order for this area to move on, but I wholeheartedly believe this will not be achieved by this proposal.

I await your reply.

Kind regards."

Read the article again and you will see that they are not doing a clean up.

Sorry mafia my mistake.

---------- Post added 20-06-2013 at 18:08 ----------

What the article doesn't say that the council also plans NOT to sweep the Page Hall area to highlight how much litter is generated.

I emailed the council, as a resident of Page Hall as below and just got a stick answer.

"Dear Sirs

It has come to my attention that, despite objection at the recent Residents Meeting, the council plans to withdraw street cleaning in the Page Hall area to highlight the amount of waste they collect.

Clearly the council are not interested in the opinions if their electorate.

Firstly, why should respectable residents be subject to this puerile punishment? ( if you don't keep your bedroom clean, I'm not cleaning it, mentality)

Secondly, those who do leave litter behind won't be shamed in to stopping it by this method.

Thirdly, does the Council plan to visit residents when working voters, such as myself, are at home to explain their decision, rather than the usual anonymous letter drop ( more waste)?

Fourthly, how do they plan to police it?

Fifthly, so they plan to stop large scale congregation of immigrants in the Page Hall area, who are a major culprit for this issue?

Finally, how does the Council plan to offer feedback to residents and what initiatives do they want to propose as short/ long term results ?

I agree education and social responsibility are vital in order for this area to move on, but I wholeheartedly believe this will not be achieved by this proposal.

I await your reply.

Kind regards."

I totally agree with you thay just dump fridges and washes or other rubbish all over the pavements. My sister in law lives on pople street and I don't know how she stands it there

It sounds like a pathetic limp-wristed approach to tackling the problem of fly-tipping and general rubbish.

It also puts the blame on local residents for the mess, which may not be the case if people are driving rubbish there to fly-tip.

What is required is greater policing, and better fines to catch those responsible and punish them for their crimes.

[quote=geared;9870182 It also puts the blame on local residents for the mess, which may not be the case if people are driving rubbish there to fly-tip.[/quote

It would be odd if people were driving there from all over the city to fly-tip don't you think, given it's max 1 mile from a free municipal tip and you don't see the streets littered with rubbish in other areas far further from a tip?

IT sounds like a good initiative from the Council to try and tackle a problem. Do people on here think the Council should not be responding to residents' complaints?

stick a couple of litter wardens there 12hrs a day issuing on the spot fines. you will pay their wages, and for the clean up quite quickly until everyone has learned the lesson is to not litter.

stick a couple of litter wardens there 12hrs a day issuing on the spot fines. you will pay their wages, and for the clean up quite quickly until everyone has learned the lesson is to not litter.

Is that a serious suggestion?

It'll be about as successful as employing parking wardens in the area :roll:

yes it is. and funnily enough, there were two pretend policemen there first thing today on duty!

Also one if the councillors was tagging along with the bin men apparently, according to the email I go from him.