Your first sheffield job

mine , well I think I was the last Sheffield bell hop,or as I was known page boy at the royal Victoria hotel. had to meet trains at the Victoria station and take suit cases of guests staying at the vic to reception then up to there rooms . had to clean brasses, and the guests shoes. eventually progressed to being a head waiter BRILLIANT YEARS THSE 60S AND 70S

Mine was a chip shop at Totley. Part time job working Friday and Saturday nights while I was at college.

Mine was a chip shop at Totley. Part time job working Friday and Saturday nights while I was at college.[/quote worth yer weight in gold you chippie lasses

Mine was a chip shop at Totley. Part time job working Friday and Saturday nights while I was at college.[/quote worth yer weight in gold you chippie lasses

Thanks for that. It was quite a while ago though,1980,

Thanks for that. It was quite a while ago though,1980,

you do owt now Jane, I am still in catering.

use to sell my body to beautiful ladys for money didnt make a lot of cash but enjoyed my work

I bet that YOU have to pay them now though!eheheheh

No longer an issue now.

Edited by elainedai

my mate vince has never had a job and he is 55 now :huh:

That's the reason the country is in such a mess now,there are many thousands the same as your mate!.They won,t have it and are never going to have it,if people are fit to work make em earn their benefits.There are plenty of community projects that could be done by the job shy of this country!:rant::roll::(

I bet that YOU have to pay them now though!eheheheh

would have to but my wife only gives me a twonie(few pence) for my weekly:mad::mad: