Parking fines wrongly issued in controlled parking zones

Hi can anybody shed a light on this story I have read in The Star today, I can't find it online so unable to give a link sorry.

What it's saying is that someone got a fine in the Crookesmore area of Sheffield he had a quick look into it and found out that if there is any marked out bus stops or zig zag lines within the area then the Council is wrongly issuing fines, I'm not sure if this is true because there are a few Controlled parking zones in Sheffield the main one in the City Centre which has been running since 2005 surely someone would have thought about this before. It would be interesting to find out as the Council would have a lot of fines to pay back

Wouldn't be the first time the council's had to return a mighty stack of fines because they'd cocked them up.

Yes I agree but 8 years is a long time for nobody to have picked up on it. I can't seem to find where this person got their information from. I'm interested because I live in one of the cpz areas never had a fine though

Thank you Planner1.

Yet again wrong information given out again about those hard working abused parking services

Dizzyblond: do I read your comment at 12:58 literally or sarcastically? I have spent a good ten minutes re-reading it and cannot come to a decision on the matter.

Thanks.

Im betting it was sarcasm.

Dizzyblond: do I read your comment at 12:58 literally or sarcastically? I have spent a good ten minutes re-reading it and cannot come to a decision on the matter.

Thanks.

Maybe it was may be it wasn't. What do you really think of the situation I was talking about :wink

Thank you Planner1.

Yet again wrong information given out again about those hard working abused parking services

Agreed, those poor traffic wardens have a massive workload with thousands of motorists to target on a daily basis to earn money for their paymasters in the town hall. So lets give them a break and let them carry out their "Orders" to keep the cash rolling in . Dont forget their masters have very expensive pet projects to finance ,so they need to fleece every penny they can from us horrible motorists to fund these stupid schemes.

Councils are saying they're losing £30 million a year in unpaid parking fines.

If they halve the cost of a fine, they'll only lose £15 million.

That's the budget sorted then.. cut 'em to zero and they'll be losing nothing.. :) that's £30 million accounted for just like that..

If they stopped fining motorists as a way of raising revenue then they wouldnt have lost anything.