Best Film Of All Time..

the settee staring peter cushing and Sophia loren and david couch :suspect::suspect:

Definitely a good idea to break this up in to categories but my first scatter gun salvo -

Jaws: Quint is one of the great character creations. The movie itself stands up to any modern blockbuster too.

The Princess Bride: As watchable and enjoyable now as when I was a kid myself. Looking forward to watching it with my own.

Pulp Fiction: You could watch this on mute and be entertained or just the audio and still be blown away.

And a Stitch in Time with Joseph Cotton and Anna Needle, Shipwreck takes some beating with George Raft, and don't forget They Flew Together with Walter Pidgeon and Russell Crowe.:hihi:

The Godfather, part II. Great story, great actors, great camera work, great everything :)

Favourite film is probably The Rules of the Game. It's about a party in a French manor house but there is a subtext of the onset of Nazism and how the French did nothing to prepare. Prophetically as it was made before they were occupied.

I've still not got up enough courage to watch Schindlers List.

I've still not got up enough courage to watch Schindlers List.

Don't bother, it's typical simplistic, pro US and Zionism, Speilberg rubbish.

Read the source book, "Schindlers Ark" by Thomas Keneally, it's far better at telling the story, and doesn't have the myopia.

The best film I've seen is, I reckon, "Enemy of the People." Schaefer's adaptation of the Ibsen play, starring Steve McQueen.

i'm not sure how you'd define "best" - there are some good ones among those mentioned above and some i wouldn't care if i never saw again

but my favourite films, or at least the ones i watch regularly are field of dreams with kevin costner, pleasantville with tobey maguire and anchorman with will ferrell

Jaws - The original and best "summer blockbuster", memorable scenes, scares, tension, fantastic characters, great dialogue and a rubber shark - what more do you want, a classic.

you're gonna need a bigger boat - one of the classic lines

"Quit playing with yourself Hooper......" - one of my favourites.

The ones that I enjoyed most are:

Sunset Boulevard, Billy Liar, The Long Good Friday, Don't Look Now, or the Bridge on the River Kwai.

Not sure if they would qualify as the best films of all time though