Strange website display problem

The following website is visible to most people but not to others. The problem is not browser specific, internet provider specific or even country specific. for example, the site won't display for me unless I use a proxy - then it's fine.

This problem is very confusing as I've never come across anything similar before! Does anyone here have an idea what might be happening? The only problem I can see is that the site's IP (217.147.80.28 ) is blacklisted on b.barracudacentral.org and bl.mailspike.net (see http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check?LOOKUPADDRESS=217.147.80.28)

The site is: BodyTransformerBootCamp.co.uk

Thanks

Edited by hitchhiker

I can't make my mind up, if this thread is a thread plugging the website or not.

But anyway, I just tried the link, and it loads fine on my system (win7, chrome browser)

I can't make my mind up, if this thread is a thread plugging the website or not.

But anyway, I just tried the link, and it loads fine on my system (win7, chrome browser)

No, it's not plugging the domain - it's someone we know but not a customer. I could disable the link but you wouldn't be able to follow it very easily.

The same problem happens to a friend of mine with a different site. He noticed his site won't display at the Aston Hall Hotel but OK everywhere else. I'd like to get to the bottom of this mystery.

---------- Post added 19-06-2013 at 14:30 ----------

...did it work, then?

I'm definitely no expert in these matters, but isn't it possible certain systems can put a 'block' on certain IP addresses?

---------- Post added 19-06-2013 at 14:32 ----------

No, it's not plugging the domain - it's someone we know but not a customer. I could disable the link but you wouldn't be able to follow it very easily.

The same problem happens to a friend of mine with a different site. He noticed his site won't display at the Aston Hall Hotel but OK everywhere else. I'd like to get to the bottom of this mystery.

---------- Post added 19-06-2013 at 14:30 ----------

...did it work, then?

Oh?...I thought I said. Yes it worked fine. Although a little slow...but that might be something to do with my end of things.

Here's what I see:

http://i.imgur.com/IAlbjyR.png

And the spam blacklist:

http://i.imgur.com/G2uOurL.png

---------- Post added 19-06-2013 at 14:35 ----------

I'm definitely no expert in these matters, but isn't it possible certain systems can put a 'block' on certain IP addresses?

---------- Post added 19-06-2013 at 14:32 ----------

Oh?...I thought I said. Yes it worked fine. Although a little slow...but that might be something to do with my end of things.

Sorry, yes you did. Thanks

Ooooh...that's not good....Maybe it's because it's on the blacklist? I seem to remember here on the forum, there was a problem where 'somehow' SF was being blocked by Avast, as being a malicious website. Obviously it was wrong, and the problem arose because of some external site with some dodgy adware. I remember emailing Avast, along with lots of other forummers, saying it was a false 'flag'. Eventually they took it off their 'list'. The forum owner sorted out the advertising company. So maybe it's something akin to that?

Is the site recently uploaded. If so it is most likely a DNS issue as although it is mostly quicker than the 48 hours stated for propagation, you can sometimes get periods where it works for some and not others!

Sounds like the host was used or involved in some spam somewhere (maybe someone had a mail server up on that IP that was used) and as a result it was blacklisted, some ISP's keep their own lists, some use publically available global lists...

The host would have to contact the blacklist site and request removal, there will probably be a "remove me" link on the website...

http://www.barracudacentral.org/rbl/removal-request