Spoken Word Nights in Sheffield

I have two spoken word nights coming up:

1. Scribble at The Red Deer pub (upstairs function room) - Thursday 20th June

2. Crosspool Festival Scribble at St Columba's Church (Crosspool) - Monday 1st July

Both events are free entry and run from 7-9pm. Looking for writers, poets, singer-songwriters to share their work. If you're more of a listener, you're more than welcome as well! :)

More details at http://sheffieldwriter.weebly.com/

Hmm, odd that there would be two writing events on days that I'm off work, you must've got the dates wrong.

I'm a fairly confident writer, but a very nervous reader. I kind of feel like the Barnsley accent should never be used in public. How many people tend to turn up to these events? I'm fairly keen on the idea of the one at the Red Deer, Dutch courage and all that.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest. It's usually a really supportive night, full of people who just want to hear a few stories. It would be great to see you there. We generally get any number from 15 to 30 people attend. Come along, see what you think, I'm sure that you'll feel like sharing after getting a feel of the atmosphere.

Just in case you're really against reading, you could always ask a friend to read for you :-)

Will hopefully see you on Thursday,

Chris