Ebay and the small claims court

See if your bank can help.

Doesn't have to be a Credit Card, and doesn't have to be over £100

Go into your Bank and tell them you want to do a charge back and give them your reasons.

when I did this I was ripped off twice through paypal for a grand a time, all paypal said was to contact the thief and ask for a refund, yeah right.

the bank charged the money back to my account and I sacked paypal, And only buy with debit card now.

This is an open and shut case if it ever went to a fair court : the question whose name - to be sued - goes on the court document .

The seller.

Write them a Letter Before Action stating exactly what they owe you and why, then after a reasonable period, then go to https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

If you have an ebay dispute lodged, and all communication has been done through it, then just ring Ebay. They will look through all the correspondence, and if it matches what you say, they will just refund you.

Googling anything only highlights the trouble people have had, you don't get people ranting about what a great experience they had so it's not really a good indication.

If you have not even tried to call them then going to your bank is just plain stupid!

Hi

If the seller wrote to you via ebay telling you he/she had sent you a replacement and any other comments by them, ebay will have a record of it.If it has not arrived open another dispute with the seller.

I bought a drum for my printer : it did not match the ebay photo and did not work. Over the next few days I emailed the seller : replies included comments - in a variant form of English - on ink, cartridges, what is the problem, we are always here to help .. I sent them two photos one, like theirs on ebay, of my old drum and one of the one they sent. No progress : opened an ebay case. They were helpful : sent me a pre-paid label for return of drum , asked me for proof of postage and tracking number - supplied , confirmed that item had arrived back : just needed the refund from ebay. Then - case closed, no refund ; you sent back the item without authorisation and failed to supply tracking number. I reminded them that I had kept the emails. Silence , then silence. Apparently, ebay are not regulated : they can do whatever they want. What chance in a small claim court ?

Paypal should refund you

If it has not arrived open another dispute with the seller.

Once a dispute has been closed it cannot be reopened, To be honest ebay make so much money, especially from their top rated sellers, that it is not in their interests to rock the boat with them.

Ebay allegedly reviewed all the case including reading the ebay messaging between me an the seller and it didn't make any difference, They still said there was nothing they can do. One of the reasons I didn't have a problem closing the dispute was because I knew they would be able to read the dialogue between me and the seller. I even kept a copy of that dialogue.

It turned into a clown show to be honest, They don't care about buyers as much as they would like us to think.

I know this thread isn't about my experiences with them but I've posted it to warn people not to fall for the same mistake I made, which is don't close a dispute till you are 100% sure it is resolved.