Gunshots and heavy police presence on fishponds road woodthorpe

At 3am some gunshot-like sounds woke my family up and we feared for the worst!. Moments later, we saw a very large and fully armed police presence at one of the properties close by after which the area was cordoned off. They're still there now. Does anyone know what's happened?

Which part of fishponds road ?

My ex and daughter live there...

Ex just rang me, asking if I knew whats going on because of the cordon.

How does she think I know :hihi:

However, I know they are both ok now.

Ghostrider, glad they are OK. That must have been a heart-in-mouth moment. Thanks for letting the rest of know.

Police now doing door to door investigation- if anyone has seen or heard anything

We lived opposite the house apparently involved up until 2weeks ago. So glad we moved as my partner is only around on the weekends. I dont think id have slept the rest of the week!! :(

Police now doing door to door investigation- if anyone has seen or heard anything

Someone heard gunshots.

We lived opposite the house apparently involved up until 2weeks ago. So glad we moved as my partner is only around on the weekends. I dont think id have slept the rest of the week!! :(

What number is the house thats involved ?

Edit - if its where fishponds meets spinkhill, its a hundred yards or so from my ex's :(

Edited by Ghostrider

Quote:

Originally Posted by myke

---------- Post added 17-06-2013 at 12:07 ----------

[/color]

Someone heard gunshots.

How can one be sure what they heard were gunshots?. The question by police is 'have you heard some sound or anything?'. lol

---------- Post added 17-06-2013 at 14:40 ----------

Gist is gunmen fired shots at the property aiming a lady occupant but luckily she escaped unhurt :shocked:

Edited by myke

Quote:

Originally Posted by myke

---------- Post added 17-06-2013 at 12:07 ----------

[/color]

How can one be sure what they heard were gunshots?. The question by police is 'have you heard some sound or anything?'. lol

---------- Post added 17-06-2013 at 14:40 ----------

Gist is gunmen fired shots at the property aiming a lady occupant but luckily she escaped unhurt :shocked:

Seems to be alot of that lately,maybe its related, but could be a family member involved.They could'nt find him/her so went for parent?just a guess.

I heard what sounded like 6 gunshot then saw a car speed off with no light on