People newspaper making jokes about domestic violence

Except that there's now more than meets the eye in the story- e.g. not an assault at all but a "playful tiff" (he says): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22935683

A playful tiff?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Well thats ok then because from the pictures it looked like a violent assault.

Except that there's now more than meets the eye in the story- e.g. not an assault at all but a "playful tiff" (he says): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22935683

Given that he's a very successful conman spin doctor, his comments should be treated with scepticism.

so, of course, that makes it okay to throttle your wife!

The man is sinking further and plumbing new depths of "low". GAH!

Given that he's a very successful conman spin doctor, his comments should be treated with scepticism.

You would have thought he could come up with a better lie-thats the worst excuse ever!

For someone involved in a 'playful tiff' she looks terrified in the pics I saw in the papers. He needs to have a word with himself.

Oh no, hang on, the police have had one with him instead. Good.

Dee Dee Dunleavy has an important point to make..what do you think?

Is the fact that the evidence is plain to see enough or should Lawson take it a step further?

I know she's a millionaire , filthy rich and all that but she does seem to have had an hard time of it in the past, but still come out on top.

I saw her in an interveiw once and she struck me as being emotionally intelligent.

as for her daddy grabbing hold of her wine pipe in public like that.:huh:

looked to me he like he just wanted to really humiliate her in public

not so much hurt her physically

Humiliation and to desire to humiliate, control and harm are all part of domestic violence and abuse.

---------- Post added 18-06-2013 at 11:19 ----------

Nonsense. If that is a playful tiff, I dread to think what a serious one looks like, chez-Saatchi. If he is behaving like this in public, what is going on behind closed doors? Furthermore, his caution is not consistent with his version of events.

Edited by Suffragette1

Being high profile Nigella will know she has a bit of a dilemma. Does she make excuses for her husbands appalling behaviour,or will she make a stand for women and domestic abuse. She is financially secure and could walk away.Most women are not in a position to do this,and so stay at home and the abuse goes on. I think agencies involved with domestic abuse will be watching developments closely.

Being high profile Nigella will know she has a bit of a dilemma. Does she make excuses for her husbands appalling behaviour,or will she make a stand for women and domestic abuse. She is financially secure and could walk away.Most women are not in a position to do this,and so stay at home and the abuse goes on. I think agencies involved with domestic abuse will be watching developments closely.

I don't think she should be pressured to do anything. She is under no obligation to make a stand for women or domestic abuse, I think she should be left alone to deal with it in her own way.

Ms Lawson has been reported by the BBC to have left the family home with her children. The press should now leave her in peace to deal with whatever she has to deal with in order to move forwards in a way appropriate for her and her children.

Thankfully she is independently wealthy and therefore will not be in the position of many women who have no money with which to obtain accommodation, services etc. which becomes a reason for not being able to leave without assistance.

Saatchi needs a reality check, What a nasty little man. Domestic abuse is never acceptable.

However I am certain he shall get away with assaulting his wife in public after all money is king.