People newspaper making jokes about domestic violence

The People newspaper has today ran a story about Nigella Lawson seemingly being a victim of domestic violence by her husband; it shows photographs of her being grabbed by the throat by him. The headline for the story was "Artichoked".

I will admit to chuckling at it at first, but when you think about it its not appropriate really is it?

Edited by Earthly

The article I found does not have that title.

I feel for Nigella, this might not be the first time he has been aggressive or violent towards her, it may just be the first time in public.

I hear she has since packed her bags and left, I hope everything works out OK for her.

Thanks to whoever for editing the thread title. :)

Oh yeah, for the press and some "comedians", its a (repulsive) gift that keeps on giving. It doesn't surprise me at all.

The article I found does not have that title.

I feel for Nigella, this might not be the first time he has been aggressive or violent towards her, it may just be the first time in public.

I hear she has since packed her bags and left, I hope everything works out OK for her.

I know she's a millionaire , filthy rich and all that but she does seem to have had an hard time of it in the past, but still come out on top.

I saw her in an interveiw once and she struck me as being emotionally intelligent.

as for her daddy grabbing hold of her wine pipe in public like that.:huh:

looked to me he like he just wanted to really humiliate her in public

not so much hurt her physically

She should have kicked him in the rollox.

What a disgusting little man he is!!

The People, like all Sunday tabloids, is a scummy paper full stop.

The People newspaper has today ran a story about Nigella Lawson seemingly being a victim of domestic violence by her husband; it shows photographs of her being grabbed by the throat by him. The headline for the story was "Artichoked".

I will admit to chuckling at it at first, but when you think about it its not appropriate really is it?

I bet he does'nt do it when she is cooking/chopping food.

I bet he does'nt do it when she is cooking/chopping food.

I bet he does.

Any man brazen enough to assault his wife in public clearly has no boundaries.

He needs locking up.

She should have kicked him in the rollox.

What a disgusting little man he is!!

I didn't see a watch on his wrist?:huh:

I bet he does.

Any man brazen enough to assault his wife in public clearly has no boundaries.

He needs locking up.

Except that there's now more than meets the eye in the story- e.g. not an assault at all but a "playful tiff" (he says): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22935683

Except that there's now more than meets the eye in the story- e.g. not an assault at all but a "playful tiff" (he says): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22935683

Given that she hasn't said anything publicly yet I think "he says" is the most important part of your post.