Have you lost a small brown dog in Whitely Woods today?-rehomed!!

Found today in Whitely Woods between Highcliffe Road & Whitely Wood Road one very lost looking small brown dog. Waited at the spot but no owner showed up. No other joggers/walkers passing us by had seen or heard anyone looking for a lost dog. No one at local houses had seen the dog before. No name tag & no microchip (checked at Vets). If this is your dog or you know who it belongs to please pm me.

MONDAY MORNING UPDATE....

No calls about this dog yet.....posters put up, put on RSPCA Lost & Found & Doglost, Sheffield Dog Wardens notified. Will be taken to Dog Wardens very soon if owner cannot be found. Really nice little dog. Mum or Dad...where are you???????

Edited by spats
Update

Saw a lost poster for a brown terrier today.lost from lower walkley.wonder if this is the same dog?last seen 12th June x

Called the number & left a message for them to call me. Fingers crossed. Thanks Spotty.

Update....Walkley dog not the dog we found. Poo

Edited by spats

We were up near Whitely Woods on Sunday too, didn't see anyone looking for a dog. Hope you find his family soon!

I have been looking after this little chap as Spats couldn't keep him at their house, but he is off to the pound today as no-one has claimed him, I will get too attached if I keep him much longer. :( If anyone is able to offer him a home he is a friendly little chap, house trained and loves sitting on your lap. He will be going to the dog warden but they assure me he should get rehomed if no-one claims ownership soon

Aww, bless him. I hope his owners track him down.

There has been no calls about this little dog :( And as far as I know he is still at the pound unclaimed. He will have been there a week tomorrow (Tuesday).

What will happen to him now? Does he go up for adoption? I keep looking for him on the I Need A Home website, but cant see him. How long does he have to find a new home? I am praying for him to be saved...I feel really guilty now about finding him. He is such a sweet little dog, I keep thinking back to how he gently kissed my face when he was sat in the back of the car with me on the way to the Vets for a chip check :( I hope he can be saved.

It's awful to think someone might be missing him but you'd have thought they'd call the pound wouldn't you? I wonder if he'd been dumped :(

I think he might have been. He was running like the wind when we saw him (straight for the main road). We whistled to him he stopped running & came to us. When we were stood with him (thinking his owners would come by or we would find someone who had heard/seen anyone looking for a dog) he kept looking down into the park like he was hoping to see someone. And in the car when he was looking out the window it really did seem like he was looking out to see his family. Honestly, if we didn't own one terrified housecat, we would of kept him ourselves (and called him 'Eric'...he looked like an Eric)

Breaks my heart to think no ones claimed him.

Edited by spats

If he stays in the pound it will be 10 days before he goes up for adoption and therefore will be put on the website when he is ready :-)

Aww, bless him. I wouldn't worry too much spats. If he's as lovely as you say he is, he should find a home in no time :)