Fox hill landlord beaten up.

Someone was attacked ladt night

---------- Post added 10-06-2013 at 09:35 ----------

Someone was attacked last night

This is in the Star. I read on FB that it is the landlord who got stabbed.

A man is in hospital with serious injuries after he was attacked outside a Sheffield pub.

Police said the 43-year-old was attacked on Cowper Avenue, Fox Hill, at around 11.50pm yesterday.

The victim is receiving treatment in the Northern General Hospital.

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said: “It is believed this was a targeted attack.”

Cowper Avenue is closed this morning while police examine the scene and establish the circumstances surrounding the attack.

Anyone with information should call South Yorkshire Police on 101.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/man-attacked-outside-sheffield-pub-1-5753563

Edited by babyboom
added link

Roger?

Roger?

I don't know. The person said the landlord had been set upon by a gang of lads with dogs outside the pub.

I don't know. The person said the landlord had been set upon by a gang of lads with dogs outside the pub.

Seems to be a big Gypsy hang out these days, wander if its a related incident?

The Bassett pub?

Yeh, they have moved in with their caravans in the park opposite.

Yeh, they have moved in with their caravans in the park opposite.

Thought it had shut down again. My Nan lives on Cowper and has been away for a week, be a nice surprise for her yesterday. There many gypsies set up there?

Thought it had shut down again. My Nan lives on Cowper and has been away for a week, be a nice surprise for her yesterday. There many gypsies set up there?

There have been a few given council houses, then a couple setup on the kids play ground at the bottom of Grimsell Cresc. They had gone but have returned, the area has now been subjected to fly tipping now!!

The Bassett had been shut (from a stabbing IIRC), then re-opened under new management, nothing changed, driving past and it always looked like a dive. On a morning there was regularly smashed bottles/glasses on Cowper.

The council seem intent on moving troubled families to the area at the moment, the place is changing rapidly.

There have been a few given council houses, then a couple setup on the kids play ground at the bottom of Grimsell Cresc. They had gone but have returned, the area has now been subjected to fly tipping now!!

The Bassett had been shut (from a stabbing IIRC), then re-opened under new management, nothing changed, driving past and it always looked like a dive. On a morning there was regularly smashed bottles/glasses on Cowper.

The council seem intent on moving troubled families to the area at the moment, the place is changing rapidly.

The green area behind the ex small catholic church? Hope its open again as I'm going to my nan's after work. Thought I heard a while ago The Bassett was going to be one of those Real Ale pubs.

Anyone know what happened outside Bassett