Dell laptop wont reset, help please

Hi all, i asked for help with this on here before but it wont let me do the same again, i have a dell inspiron 15 running windows 7. I was really slow and i had to rush off so i took the battery off while connected to the web. When i switch it on it says launch startup repair (recommended) i do this and it says windows is loading files, it then goes onto a blue screen with a green leaf and white line patten and stays like that, i left it over an hour and nothing, when i press start windows normally i just get the starting windows page then nothing after an hour. Whatever option i choose when i press f8 it always does the same, i go to restore mode and it comes up the system is booting in safe mode-directory services repair, left 2 hours and nothing. On the website and other forums it says i should be getting options like language selection but im not, i ran a diagnostic test pressing f12 and it says it found something but didnt say what, just that dell could help me. Ive tried ctrl f11 and i just get launch startup repair again. Ive put the cd in that i got with the laptop and still nothing. If im not able to reset it with help on here, how much would this cost to fix ?

It sounds like a HD problem if the CD doesn't 'work'

Try dropping a PM to MoZaLaN on here or give him a bell in morning he often works Sunday

If it is the HD they are for a 500GB sata about £30 £40 from Amazon (similar from EBay)

Yes when i ran the diagnostics the hard drive had a red x next to it but when i clicked on it just to run hd test, it then passed and had a green tick, it only has a 250gb hd as i only surf the web and store my music on there. Would i be able to fit this part myself or would i get anything for the laptop as it is or put towards a swap ? £50 is my budget if i can get something just to surf the web.

it looks like a fault with your Operating System. Give us a ring, all diagnosis are free and I also have a budget laptop for sale, perfect for surfing the web etc

PM sent.

Ta

Can you press f8 and when you reach the advanced boot options menu select the option "repair your computer"?

If so, from the System recovery options choose command prompt

At the command prompt type

chkdsk C: /r

Click enter on your keyboard

(note the spaces between chkdsk & c: & also between C: & /r)

Let chkdsk run and complete. When finished, then type exit and press enter & then try rebooting into windows normally.

---------- Post added 15-06-2013 at 21:59 ----------

Tutorial here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-7-recovery-environment-command-prompt/