Why Are They Coming Here?

Hmmm, I wonder if it is because, deep down, they actually support what the British Movement stands for.

No it's because do gooders like yourself like to try and twist things no proper EDL supporter would condone Nazis i will not stand by anyone who is a Nazi they can go to hell along with the tree hugging UAF supporters and the Islamic extremists.

---------- Post added 16-06-2013 at 16:53 ----------

Yeah - all the one pictured here look like they're on their way to Sunday School.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2331911/Help-Heroes-charity-rejects-EDL-donations-murdered-soldier-Lee-Rigby.html

You do realise that alot of the lads cover their faces due the threats of violence from the Islamic extremists and some Muslims! add to that due to the pc state we live in today alot of lads are fearful of losing their jobs if they are seen on marches or protests with the EDL now how sad is that in a so called democracy.

I would also like to add that during the first walk when we were asked to stay in the beer garden after the walk that a Muslim guy deliberately came out side the walkabout filming us so that they can identify us and start issuing threats out the police did sod all at the time! and in the coming days afterwards quite a few lads were threatened by Muslims who had identified some of the lads that were there these threats were passed on to the Police to deal with.

So at least do some proper research before you start making judgemental comments like that.

Edited by ShorehamBoy1

no proper EDL supporter would condone Nazis i will not stand by anyone who is a Nazi they can go to hell

The moderate EDL need to work harder to stop the extremists within. Why are they so silent on the issue?

;)

is that like a bowel movement?

No it's because do gooders like yourself like to try and twist things no proper EDL supporter would condone Nazis i will not stand by anyone who is a Nazi they can go to hell along with the tree hugging UAF supporters and the Islamic extremists.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/video-edl-protest-controversy-as-wreath-laid-in-sheffield-1-5752282

I suppose they were all just pointing at a passing plane then? Maybe reaching out try to stop The Star's photographer photographing them imitating pot plants?

Edited by anywebsite

More important for me is not what the group stands for, but how they go about getting that across.

Imagine a pair of group who are against the clutter of road signs that appear on seemingly every lamp post. One group petition parliament, hold fundraisers and act peacefully. Another group go around ripping down the road signs they

don't think should be there and violently confront people they think work for the highways agency. While I could see myself joining the former group, there's no way on earth I would join the latter, and would in fact protest against their existence, despite agreeing with their message, because their methods are abhorrent.

Back to the real world, the EDL may say they're against Islamic extremism, but so are the majority of people in this country. The difference is they attempt to tackle it with violence and intimidation, something which should be clear to anyone with a brain, that will never work. By joining / validating the EDL, you're not only agreeing to their publicised aim of getting rid of the extremists, but also to their methods of achieving that.

Absolute garbage i take it you wasn't in Sheffield during these two walks then? not once did we attempt to cause a riot it was the UAF and MDL Muslim Defence League that came looking for us to cause trouble all we wanted to do is pay our respects to a fallen hero and leave peacefully not too much to ask is it.

But of course the UAF had to turn up and try and cause a riot as per usual and for what eh? all they succeeded in doing is making their organization look like an even bigger set of clowns than they already are.

Can you explain to me why the UAF were still fighting with Police and rioting in Town 2 hours after we the EDL had all gone home? :suspect:

not once did we attempt to cause a riot

There's footage of EDL running around shouting "come on then". There are tweets of people offering £100 to knock out a student.

You're lying. Not even doing it well. Like a kid with his hand in the biscuit tin. :)

Well, it seems that the ORIGINAL plan for the EDL Lee Rigby event was to march from Meadowhall to the Cenotaph. Not sure whether they were denied permission or changed their mind.

Why Meadowhall? What possible significance other than the route passing through areas with a high immigrant population?

The vast majority changed their mind because it was about a walk for Lee and our fallen heroes and we all thought that it would be best to avoid going through areas where all hell could break loose we didn't want that.

We don't want to bring violence to the streets of Sheffield if we were all of the mindset of lets all go and have a tear up don't you think we would have walked through Fir Vale Pitsmoor Burngreave the Wicker etc?. we didn't want that at all and chose the most sensible option possible.

But of course the UAF then tried to cause riots instead and tried to provoke us into kicking off but we rose above their vile taunts and let them show themselves up.

---------- Post added 16-06-2013 at 17:16 ----------

Do the supporters of the EDL actually admit to the existence of moderate muslims though? Some of the quotes that came out last weekend from them would indicate that they don't - "Islam is like rabies in a dog".

Of course we admit to the existence of moderate Muslims we aren't against moderate muslims who are peaceful and law abiding we are only against the extremists & muslim gangs that create fear and intimidation towards anyone different and also the grooming gangs that are targeting kids they are sick, and before anyone goes off on a tangent all Paedos regardless of race or religion should be strung up from the nearest tree.

The vast majority changed their mind because it was about a walk for Lee and our fallen heroes and we all thought that it would be best to avoid going through areas where all hell could break loose we didn't want that.

We don't want to bring violence to the streets of Sheffield if we were all of the mindset of lets all go and have a tear up don't you think we would have walked through Fir Vale Pitsmoor Burngreave the Wicker etc?. we didn't want that at all and chose the most sensible option possible.

But of course the UAF then tried to cause riots instead and tried to provoke us into kicking off but we rose above their vile taunts and let them show themselves up.

Why not respect the wishes of Lee's family & stay at home?

Rose above it by smashing up a pub and fighting.

The peaceful EDL. :D

The base denial. :D

You obviously haven't heard of his conviction for head-butting another EDL member at an EDL rally in Blackburn a couple of years ago.

Funny how you didn't mention the reason why :roll: it turned out he was part of a group that has been kicked out of the EDL and formed as a separate group called the NWI one of them did a Nazi salute and that is why Tommy kicked off he doesn't want anything to do with Nazis.

Absolute garbage i take it you wasn't in Sheffield during these two walks then? not once did we attempt to cause a riot it was the UAF and MDL Muslim Defence League that came looking for us to cause trouble all we wanted to do is pay our respects to a fallen hero and leave peacefully not too much to ask is it.

For a start, I wasn't referring to the two events in Sheffield. Both of which were unusual for an EDL event in that they didn't walk through any residential areas, despite that being the original plan (why was it changed?).

You're not actually suggesting that the EDL don't walk through Muslim neighbourhoods while making offensive chants and gestures at the inhabitants?

But of course the UAF had to turn up and try and cause a riot as per usual and for what eh? all they succeeded in doing is making their organization look like an even bigger set of clowns than they already are.

Last week the EDL were hardly unreceptive to the idea of a good scuffle. And where they did meet, they gave as good as they got. Not exactly the behaviour of a group of gentlemen wanting to peacefully pay their respects to someone who had no links and had probably never visited Sheffield.

Can you explain to me why the UAF were still fighting with Police and rioting in Town 2 hours after we the EDL had all gone home? :suspect:

This is quite easy. They weren't. I was in town towards the end of the UAF kettle, all the trouble was over by that point. When I walked home, the Police were rearranging themselves for the welcome of the EDL at the train station to send them home. You might have left the city early on, but the main body of the EDL didn't until nearly 5pm at which point the UAF had resigned themselves to not getting the scrap they expected / wanted.

Anyway, all that is completely off topic. Just because the EDL managed to act with a little decorum / were herded successfully by the Police (depending on viewpoint), doesn't mean they're a bunch of misunderstood upstanding gentlemen who're just constantly in the wrong place at the wrong time.

---------- Post added 16-06-2013 at 17:24 ----------

Of course we admit to the existence of moderate Muslims we aren't against moderate muslims who are peaceful and law abiding we are only against the extremists & muslim gangs that create fear and intimidation towards anyone different and also the grooming gangs that are targeting kids they are sick, and before anyone goes off on a tangent all Paedos regardless of race or religion should be strung up from the nearest tree.

Then why do you allow people, like that quoted, who are against Islam in all forms to associate with you and march as one with you?

If you want to portray the EDL as a group looking out for the best interests of the country and a peaceful resolution to the issues, you need to kick out and condemn the violent factions and those who are wanting to destroy parts of the lives of totally innocent and peaceful people. Until you do that, you have no right to be calling on the Muslim population to state "not in our name" and kick out their nutters.

Funny how you didn't mention the reason why :roll: it turned out he was part of a group that has been kicked out of the EDL and formed as a separate group called the NWI one of them did a Nazi salute and that is why Tommy kicked off he doesn't want anything to do with Nazis.

Has he kicked this one out;

http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/2011/10/7/edl-not-saluting-but-waving.html

And these;

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/09/499622.html?c=on

Some more here;

http://edlreview.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/edl-and-nazi-salutes.html

And plenty more......................