And the thc levels are the fact

Any evidence of that?

Google THC levels of cannabis compared to alcohol

And google THC long term mental health

Then i guess you have to make your own decision

As with many things in life , you only get the one brain and body

So its worth looking after

That wouldn't make a deal of sense. You might as well look at tHC levels of cannabis as compared to grapefruit or anchovies - alcohol isn't supposed to have any THC in it.

Then i guess you have to make your own decision

So its worth looking after

The fact that long term use of cannabis can have health implications isn't a good reason for keeping cannabis illegal.

Quite right, and you can do with them what you wish.

But what right do you have to say others should not be allowed to do to their own brain and own body what they want?

Good to see that things are improving- albeit, slowly. I think this is probably the first time a poll on sheffield forum has more than 50% of the voters acknowledging that cannabis should be legal?

I would urge anyone who's not done so, to get googling and do a bit of their own research, and prepare to be shocked at just how our current drug legislation, and, the stance and advice of our governement, totally fails to match up with the actual facts established via proper scientific research.

If the Americans are legalising then you can bet it won't be too long before we follow

Already answered.

And google long term effects of alcohol.

no. I think people underestimate the effect long term weed use can have on mental health. I saw the mess my gf was when she stopped after smoking it for years and it wasnt good.

I used to think all drugs should be legal and up to the individual but after spending the majority of my adult life abusing pretty much anything I could get my hands on and coming out the other side, I'm convinced now that criminalizing drugs is the way to go (including weed).

Ditto. A quick smoke on that stuff every now and then lead to my eldest bro having severe mental health problems and never getting his normal life back since.

I have seen the devastating effects of this weed and never would you convinvce me we should soften up on its use.

So it would appear the effects of cannabis and alcohol are broadly similar - yet one is illegal and the other legal.
Yes and there lies the contradiction, most of society consume alcohol in moderation, which in most cases is the same with cannabis users.

Its those who over indulge with either and have problems with control that need help.

Focusing on Cannabis use and its impacts on those who become addicted (who though may be less in number) we know they're are far too many whose lives and those who are close to them have been ruined.Did you scroll down to watch the video? listen to the first man as one example first it was alcohol then when the high he was getting from cannabis started to diminish he went on to cocaine.

With regard to the evidence that cannabis can be harmful we have to trust the accounts of those effected and the expertise of health professionals involved in drug treatment, but I accept sources are providing information that states the drug is harmless and of benefit in some heath problems, so with that in mind it seems so wrong to deny it to those sufferers. Is it any wonder there is confusion with so much conflicting information being given.

Its those many who are the most vulnerable we have to be concerned about. Unless they are drug dealers profiting from other peoples miseries, criminalisation and punishment serves no purpose and doesn't help anyone, but I'm really not sure whether legalisation would be the answer, they're are far too many issues involved in doing that which would have to be very thoroughly examined, we shouldn't just change the law to suit the views of the casual attitude more liberal minded "do as I please" people.

If the Americans are legalising then you can bet it won't be too long before we follow

How do you come to that?

Americans legalise owning a gun but I can hardly see us jumping on that bandwaggon too.

Ditto. A quick smoke on that stuff every now and then lead to my eldest bro having severe mental health problems and never getting his normal life back since.

I have seen the devastating effects of this weed and never would you convinvce me we should soften up on its use.

Amazing what bizarre conclusions people come to when drugs are involved!

Chances are your eldest bro would have had mental health problems if he hadn't used cannabis- mental health problems are quite common in general, and, many non-cannabis users suffer from them.

As your bro had only "a quick smoke on that stuff every now and then" it is even less likely that cannabis was a cause.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

The 'reasoning' you're using here has far more in common with superstition than with science/logic.

Indeed, everyone who has a non-cannabis using relative who suffers from mental health issues, could, by the exact same 'reasoning', conclude that not smoking cannabis has caused the mental health issue, couldn't they?

Amazing what bizarre conclusions people come to when drugs are involved!

Chances are your eldest bro would have had mental health problems if he hadn't used cannabis- mental health problems are quite common in general, and, many non-cannabis users suffer from them.

As your bro had only "a quick smoke on that stuff every now and then" it is even less likely that cannabis was a cause.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

The 'reasoning' you're using here has far more in common with superstition than with science/logic.

Indeed, everyone who has a non-cannabis using relative who suffers from mental health issues, could, by the exact same 'reasoning', conclude that not smoking cannabis has caused the mental health issue, couldn't they?

I had his consultant psychiatrist advise that the cannabis use was a contributor and direcly exacerbated his depressed mood to cause the self harm. His dependancy and addiction to the product was a secondary contributor to his aggression and violence when he didnt have it.

Forgive me for taking the words of a medical practictioner over yourself on this one.