Cannabis legislation in the UK.

Should we legalise cannabis?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should we legalise cannabis?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered

when a government publishes health warnings on tobacco products and then takes tax from the sale of them we really are in a mess.

That's sensible.

Prohibition doesn't work. Let people buy a product that poses a risk, tax it, and use that money to off-set the cost of treating people with smoke-related illness.

It's infinitely more sensible than making it illegal, letting crimials smuggle it in and sell it, and then still having a mass of ill people, wealthy criminals and still paying to treat their illness.

That's sensible.

Prohibition doesn't work. Let people buy a product that poses a risk, tax it, and use that money to off-set the cost of treating people with smoke-related illness.

It's infinitely more sensible than making it illegal, letting crimials smuggle it in and sell it, and then still having a mass of ill people, wealthy criminals and still paying to treat their illness.

There is no benefit from smoking only the disadvantage of cultivating an habit and medical problems.

Don't you like to stir things up! you failed to see the point I was making because you read into it what you wanted to support your own stance.

I didn't fail to see the point at all. That's why I said it was a strawman, and appeal to pity, rather than anything logical.

If you are seeing 3 or 4 strawmans as well as mine why don't you address those posts too?

No point, others already have.

Edited by *_ash_*

Because the state has no right to stop people from doing things that could potentially harm themselves.

You mean like alcohol or nicotine?

Yeah, that'd be crazy!

the post your quoteing me on was never posted by me on this thread ,just where did you get it from"?:suspect:

I think your're breaking forum rules here aren't you

maybe I should do old roots fave trick and press the report button:)

the post your quoteing me on was never posted by me on this thread ,just where did you get it from"?

Woah sorry don't know how that happened, it was actually monkey104 that said it, I'll go back and edit my post now.

Woah sorry don't know how that happened, it was actually monkey104 that said it, I'll go back and edit my post now.

if its monkey104 how come its got my name in bold on the quote?

if its monkey104 how come its got my name in bold on the quote?

Probably on a trip.:hihi:

Edited by Peer Gynt

You've managed to make a sensible point and been ragingly judgemental and insulting at the same time; which is quite an achievement.

Then my work here is done! But, oh dear! Insulting some of the drug taking community! There should be a law against that.....lets take a vote.....

There is no benefit from smoking only the disadvantage of cultivating an habit and medical problems.

If you're referring to smoking of cannabis there are a number of benefits, despite the potential health problems.

Halibut....please state the 'benefits' otherwise as for prevoius posts your point will be a non argument!

Are those benefits income support or 'jobseekers'?