Cannabis legislation in the UK.

Should we legalise cannabis?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should we legalise cannabis?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered

Should cannabis be legalised in the UK? (Please read the rules)

1. No personal bickering if possible, feel free to debate but stay on topic.

2. Vote in the poll and then give your reasons for or against.

I will join the debate and vote after people have had a chance to voice their opinions. Go go go :hihi:

Edited by Jabroni

Yes. Prohibition is an absolute failure and doesn't work.

The drugs war is unwinnable. Some soft drugs should be legalised if only to stop criminalising people for doing something less damaging than drinking alcohol and so that more resources can be spent on combatting heroin, crack and other harder drugs. The state should legalise and control cannabis in the same way as tobacco and alcohol.

I voted not bothered but I wish I'd voted yes now.

I don't smoke it at all, or take any other drugs(apart from tea and the very occasional drink of alcohol) myself but clearly its use is rife even though it is illegal so perhaps police resources shouldn't be wasted on it.

It ought to be treated like alcohol, age restricted and not to be used before driving etc.

So we've had 2 votes for no without a reason given...

I voted no because it might make peoples legs fall off.

We've done this debate about a dozen times before :-(

The usual suspects will be along shortly to say "death to all druggies" and to accuse everyone who is in favour of legalisation of being a druggy.

For me, it's not as harmful as alcohol or cigarettes as mentioned above, the only harm to communities, families and individuals comes from prohibition, I don't want it legalised for medical reasons only, I want it regulated and sold for recreational and social purposes as well as medical.

I wonder if a lot of people are just clicking no without giving a reason, just because it's illegal?

Slavery was legal, once upon a time. Laws can be changed in light of new opinions and evidence.

---------- Post added 14-06-2013 at 17:24 ----------

I voted no because it might make peoples legs fall off.

As daft as your comment is, people have been put in wheel chairs during robberies of cannabis crops, there is a roaring black market trade which is open to exploitation by violent criminals. All down to prohibition.

Quite ironic that the effects of cannabis makes people feel relaxed and mellow.

Edited by Jabroni

Yes we should.

I think most people voting 'no' are doing so because you're voting 'yes'.

:)

I have voted no as I do not know much about it and being a smoker for nearly 60 years it may sound hypocritical but I can not agree to something which I have no idea to how it can affect people.