Radio Sheffield's morning crackpots.

I think we were spoilt by Capstick et al back in the day.

I was shocked when Toby Foster appeared and loathed the voice, the style, the humour and the fact that he insults the listener. The dumbing down of an educated intellect in order to present himself as 'Everyman' is both patronising and offensive.

The trap that the presenters seem to fall into is one of underestimating the concentration span and comprehension of the listener. Hence, we get some afternoon woman on who strengthens what she perceives to be a regional accent in order to connect with her perceived audience.

I too don't know many of their names but I do know that Radio Sheffield offers little, exists in a bubble and is out of touch with what the Sheffield public actually require.

I often find that it I can not understand a word Toby Foster says due to his insistence on speed speech, This combined with his style on not interviewing folk but brow beating them if he disagrees with their views [The former Mayor of Doncaster being a prime example] .

His other shows are often very good inc the Saturday lunch time guest show .Its just the early morning Pygamagate crap that gets up my wick.

Edited by cuttsie

I think we were spoilt by Capstick et al back in the day.

I was shocked when Toby Foster appeared and loathed the voice, the style, the humour and the fact that he insults the listener. The dumbing down of an educated intellect in order to present himself as 'Everyman' is both patronising and offensive.

The trap that the presenters seem to fall into is one of underestimating the concentration span and comprehension of the listener. Hence, we get some afternoon woman on who strengthens what she perceives to be a regional accent in order to connect with her perceived audience.

I too don't know many of their names but I do know that Radio Sheffield offers little, exists in a bubble and is out of touch with what the Sheffield public actually require.

Great post, totally agree, let's dumb everything down to the lowest, easiest level. Let's slag lazy teachers off when their head teachers close schools for snow...hilarious...yawn...zzzzzzzzzzzz

Toby Foster ? The perfect face for radio with the volume on 0 !

Radio Sheffield is cringe worthy. The only time we listen to it is for the weather and which schools are open and which are closed.

Toby Foster ? The perfect face for radio with the volume on 0 !

Well that's a failed comment as he's also on BBC t.v now and again...

I only listen to Football Heaven and even that is slowly dropping in standards. Walker and co seem to think they are local celebs who can talk down to callers when they don't agree on certain things.

Its not so bad. They repeat a lot of music though

Well that's a failed comment as he's also on BBC t.v now and again...

I only listen to Football Heaven and even that is slowly dropping in standards. Walker and co seem to think they are local celebs who can talk down to callers when they don't agree on certain things.

That is the problem some presenters seem to think that they are some how big time celebs and at times just use the morning programme to converse among themselves talking absolute drivel that the listeners have no interest in whatsoever.

I honestly think some people are stuck in the past. The Breakfast programme is very good and informative as is Howard Pressman. Lots of local stuff, along with a bit of humour.

As for his interview with the Doncaster Mayor, didn't he win lots of awards for that?

I honestly think some people are stuck in the past. The Breakfast programme is very good and informative as is Howard Pressman. Lots of local stuff, along with a bit of humour.

As for his interview with the Doncaster Mayor, didn't he win lots of awards for that?

You are right we are now all experts on the grand subject of pyjamas.

The mayoral interview was has bad as the comments offered from Toby when Ross and Bland slagged of Andrew Sachs granddaughter.

A case of the comedy circuit sticking together in the believe that any one is fair game as long as it's not them.

Foster listed as a ' comedian ' that's a joke in its self. If you want to listen to a radio show full of him prattling on about himself, his family, constantly butting in when someone is being interviewed, having his lady co presenter giggle and agree with his every comment, then carry on. I stopped listening a long time ago and I'm surprised its took some people so long to cotton on to him.

I have got to say this, if you think Radio Sheffield is bad what the hell are you doing on here

I have got to say this, if you think Radio Sheffield is bad what the hell are you doing on here

Because this thread is COMPLAINING about BBC Radio Sheffield, not praising it. :)

If you want to praise it then start a new thread.