Cats pooing on my garden

Saw the offender leaving. It's the same cat every time. Plus I recognise the poo :D

If you were clearing up poo daily, treading in poo frequently, having your attempts at growing plants ruined and not enjoying your garden any more because it was nothing but a toilet, you might begin to understand just how horrible it is when it never ends. The odd turd here or there is manageable, but persistent plopping in the same small garden soon adds up.

Have you thought of getting a dog, just a small one?

Have you thought of getting a dog, just a small one?

I have indeed. Would love to rescue one, in fact. Can't look after one properly at the moment though.

Just put a litter tray outside and make sure its scooped daily and changed at least every 2 days ..put newspaper in the tray first then the cat litter, stops it from sticking to the tray when you empty it

Repatriate the second hand whiskers over the fence.

The post re the cat sitting on the fence really amused me!! I have dogs and a cat sits on the shed next door, my dogs see it, rush up the garden, it just sits there, and I am sure I see it putting two paws up and blowing raspberries!!!!! It doesn't sit there very often, thank goodness but it, makes me laugh when it does!!!

Saw the offender leaving. It's the same cat every time. Plus I recognise the poo :D

If you were clearing up poo daily, treading in poo frequently, having your attempts at growing plants ruined and not enjoying your garden any more because it was nothing but a toilet, you might begin to understand just how horrible it is when it never ends. The odd turd here or there is manageable, but persistent plopping in the same small garden soon adds up.

I hear they don't like lion dung.

Resurrecting this old thread for any opinions/advice.

Had a problem with the neighbours' cats fouling in my garden for a number of years. Have tried talking to them several times as it was getting out of hand and I no longer enjoyed using my garden (10+ dollops on my tiny lawn, frequently treading in them as poos were everywhere). Neighbour agreed to encourage the cats to use their garden by supplying a suitable area, but they haven't done this, and no offers to clear the mess up, either. I've spent over £100 over the years on gadgets to deter them, which just shifts the problem to a different area (but still in my garden). Opened front door this morning and was immediately hit by the most foul stench, and of course, it was a big pile of that semi-molten plastic consistency poo that sticks to everything, right outside the door! It was still warm :gag:

My question is - should I really have to put up with this?

Pick it up with a shovel and hoof it over the fence.

Repatriate the second hand whiskers over the fence.

Pick it up with a shovel and hoof it over the fence.

That would be the best solution, but I omitted to say it is next door but one's cat :rolleyes: Not sure I can throw that far. Could walk round with it though...

---------- Post added 24-04-2015 at 15:04 ----------

Just put a litter tray outside and make sure its scooped daily and changed at least every 2 days ..put newspaper in the tray first then the cat litter, stops it from sticking to the tray when you empty it

Get where you're coming from, but that means more cash spent and a daily chore clearing up after someone else's pet :mad:

That would be the best solution, but I omitted to say it is next door but one's cat :rolleyes: Not sure I can throw that far. Could walk round with it though...

Get a good stretch in before you start and it'll be 'rite.

If they've got something substantial to aim for that'd help, like a shed or a tree.

Get a good stretch in before you start and it'll be 'rite.

Knowing my luck, it would backfire :roll:

Can just see the grin on kitty's face then!

hose pipe give em a blast

I am sick of having to pick up the cat mess from my lawn before I can cut the grass. They are a nuisance. There are far to many cats around where I live. I think they all meet in my garden to do their business.

If it wasn't for Dragons Den rejecting This Invention we wouldn't be having this problem.