Brewdog bar coming to Sheffield ?

Get back in the box, grandad.

If the beer tastes good, who cares if it comes from a keg? This is not Watney's Red Barrel we're taking about here.

Get back in the box, grandad.

If the beer tastes good, who cares if it comes from a keg? This is not Watney's Red Barrel we're taking about here.

Hey, watch out, I'm not even a grandad :hihi: My kids are 9 and 7, and I hope will grow up to drink (if anything) real ale (for which there is a dfn, unlike " craft beer" )

Irony is, I actually am a grandad. But I get fed up to the back gills with people saying "keg beer, oh no, it'll all end in disaster! Remember Hitler? Eh? Eh?"

Judge the beer by how the beer tastes, not by your brown-tinted memories of the 70s.

A bit extreme to drag Hitler into it. I don't remember him. I did meet Kruschev once. But, Dan, keg is dead and tasted like nothing then and will taste like like nothing now...

A bit extreme to drag Hitler into it. I don't remember him. I did meet Kruschev once. But, Dan, keg is dead and tasted like nothing then and will taste like like nothing now...
:hihi:

That's just astoundingly arrogant and ignorant. You really believe that some of the pints of Cask served up from Wetherspoons can hold a torch to say, Brooklyn's black chocolate stout on Keg?

er, no. keg needn't be dead, new wave keg is usually at worst rough filtered, and is often exactly the same as goes in a cask. conversely, a lot of breweries (includoing camra's beloved regional twig-factories) condition the beer in tanks and what goesin the cask has no more yeast than ends up in your glass.

I've said before and I'll say again - if you put crap beer in a cask, it wil still be crap when you serve it. If you put good beer in a keg, it will still be good when you serve it. It doesn't magically turn into Watney's just cos it's in a keg.

The reason 70s keg beer was rubbish was not because it was in a keg, it's because it was crap beer when it went into the keg!

:hihi:

That's just astoundingly arrogant and ignorant. You really believe that some of the pints of Cask served up from Wetherspoons can hold a torch to say, Brooklyn's black chocolate stout on Keg?

Ouch! I have been called arrogant before, but never ignorant. You specify a keg beer against "the pints of cask served up....&C" If you have a philosophy degree, you would call that a category mistake. I would suggest you take your finger off the trigger if it is so shaky.....:hihi:

If we're going to bring it down to philosophy...

"Keg is dead".

Brooklyn's black chocolate stout on keg is a Keg.

Therefore Brooklyn's black chocolate stout on keg is dead.

Agree?

If we're going to bring it down to philosophy...

"Keg is dead".

Brooklyn's black chocolate stout on keg is a Keg.

Therefore Brooklyn's black chocolate stout on keg is dead.

Agree?

Dan, I am painfully reminded at this point that I never completed my PhD. Too much Double Diamond! I would be happy to meet up at a hostelry of your choice, to try this stuff. Your round, obviously :)

Ha ! Godwin's law is proved on the brewdog sheffield website!

I have been in 3 Saturdays in a row and tomorrow will be the 4th. Personally I love the place, great selection, better prices than the tap and a good atmosphere. Each time I have been in there has been a wide range of people not just "hipsters".

Do you hipsters think there is any mileage in starting a 1970s-themed pub in the centre of Sheffield? I am planning it will stock only fizzy keg beer (not Smoothflow rubbish, proper old style bubbly stuff). The bitter will be Stones OR Wards OR John Smiths OR Trophy (just one mind, certainly not all four). There might be a weak lager (possibly Harp). Halves will be served with the question 'is it for a lady?'. There will be no hot food AT ALL. If you want a restaurant, then go to one. To sustain a lengthy session there will be a few cheese rolls under a large glass dome on the bar. There will be a choice of red or white wine. There will be a medium sized Ferguson TV on a very high shelf showing an endless reel of the 3.30 at Lingfield. Clouds of dry ice will be used to simulate the smoke fumes. Beer will be £6 per pint.

Edited by Bilge