Brewdog bar coming to Sheffield ?

I just like the taste, not keen on lager but like beer to have a bit of fizz and to be cold. End of. People are looking far too much into it. Pathetic

Well I for one am bloody pleased that I can order 10% beers in 1/3-pint measures, rather than having to always order half a pint of the stuff.

totally agree, 1/3 is a very useful measure. but 2/3 serves no purpose

totally agree, 1/3 is a very useful measure. but 2/3 serves no purpose

Except if you want more than a half but less than a pint. I agree, it's a lot less useful than the thirds, but it does feel like about the right amount for some of the stronger beers.

I honestly can't think of a time that I thought a half wasn't enough but a pint was too much!

then again half and third are both legal, so I want 5/6 of beer now ;)

I guess what I'm saying is: it's beer. Drink as much of it as you feel like drinking. Or as little.

When I'm buying beer in foreign countries, the beer is rarely served in halves and pints, but that doesn't cause me any problems at all: I keep buying more until I feel I've had enough, or I fall over. Simple!

When I'm buying beer in foreign countries, the beer is rarely served in halves and pints, but that doesn't cause me any problems at all: I keep buying more until I feel I've had enough, or I fall over. Simple!

don't get me started on America and their 'pint only' culture! yeah, I really want to buy a whole pint of an 8% beer, for about £6 without, even knowing if I like it or not...

I just like the taste, not keen on lager but like beer to have a bit of fizz and to be cold. End of. People are looking far too much into it. Pathetic
But what about the steamed up windows? Or the 2/3's measures? Or the 1/3 measures? Or the price for something you can get for something from the supermarket, which for some reason wasn't relevant to the millions of bottles of lager sold in Sheffield with a 400% markup for the past 30 years. Or the marketing? Dear God they are actually actively trying to sell this stuff and make money!!

Won't someone think of the children!!!!

We need to drive these hipsters out of the Peoples Republic of Sheffield. Then we can all relax with a pint of Wards and a dripping sandwich and blame Thatcher for Sheffield being stuck in the past:hihi:

But what about the steamed up windows? Or the 2/3's measures? Or the 1/3 measures? Or the price for something you can get for something from the supermarket, which for some reason wasn't relevant to the millions of bottles of lager sold in Sheffield with a 400% markup for the past 30 years. Or the marketing? Dear God they are actually actively trying to sell this stuff and make money!!

Won't someone think of the children!!!!

We need to drive these hipsters out of the Peoples Republic of Sheffield. Then we can all relax with a pint of Wards and a dripping sandwich and blame Thatcher for Sheffield being stuck in the past:hihi:

:thumbsup:

as for this 2/3pint nonsense, is anyone really fooled by it? The only reason they pushed for it is charging £3.40 for that looks less of a rip off than saying a fiver a pint. 'Some beers are too big, too heavy, too strong, to have a pint' they said. It wouldn't have taken much research to see we already have a way of dealing with that, called a 'half'

There was a time when sheffielders would have laughed such marketing hogwash out of town. It's a shame that no longer seems to be the case. And they could sort the condensation on the windows out. I've seen crack houses that look more welcoming.

in many other countries, strong beer (and often beer) is sold in smaller measures. We're obsessed in the UK with drinking pints because it's proper. Proper like fighting on a weekend, urinating and vomiting in the street or smashing windows.

strong beer should not be sold in a pint glass. It's quite refreshing to buy stronger beer in smaller glasses you know. Maybe you should try it?

as for the marketing, it is nonsense, but at least they bother to do marketing.

Look, its quite easy really. If you dont like Bredogs beer, or their bars, or their marketing, or their prices, or the fact that they sell their beer in something other than pints and halves, then just dont go in. Walk past it and go to the old house or the frog and parrot or forum or green room or bowery or any of the many, many other bars in the area. Moaning about it on here isnt going to change it. I personally can take or leave Brewdogs beer, but their range of guest beers is interesting, and there will probably always be something I want to drink in there, so itll no doubt become part of our regular circuit. I have no problem paying a bit more for something I actually want to drink, rather than paying less and settling for something that Im not particularly bothered about. Thats why I drink in the Rutland, Harlequin, Shakespeares, Riverside etc etc.

There was a little piece in the Star last night criticising Brew Dog for having no local ale - any plans for Steel City therein? I really can`t see Wood Street, Stancil, et al on t`bar there!

There are a few local breweries doing thier own keg beer now such as Raw, Brew Company and Abbeydale. However, it is a moot point as to whether all of those beers are good enough to go up against the non-local beers you can get in a Brewpooch bar.

Doing their own keg beer? It had to happen, didn't it! Let's roll back the years and get supping Double Diamond (works wonders) Youngers Tartan and Whitbread Trophy (the pint that thinks it's a quart). This will only make sense to those of a certain age; but who can remember how crappy the drinking experience was before real ale was revived.....