Hillsborough at a stand still?

I don't abhor you but I find your willingness to use words you clearly don't understand rather amusing.

Still no 'like' function on this forum. Shame.

So glad to hear the man has not died. Hope he gets better soon. :)

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/road-traffic-collisions/oap-seriously-hurt-after-collision-bus

The police are asking for witnesses, that says, which worries me since it seems half the witnesses we've heard about here seem to have got the basic facts wrong.

It’s believed that the pedestrian was waiting at a crossing when he stepped out in front of the white, single-decker bus, which was travelling towards Hillsborough, and a collision occurred.

The victim, a 77-year-old man from the Parson Cross area of the city, suffered a broken nose and cuts to his right eyebrow and shin. He was taken to the Northern General Hospital, where he was detained.

- See more at: http://www.southyorks.police.uk/road-traffic-collisions/oap-seriously-hurt-after-collision-bus#sthash.bSaE8MzF.dpuf

Remember this the next time someone says, "I was there, I know what I saw"...

Edited by Dannyno

I hope the driver's okay ... and his vehicle.

Wind yer neck in.

Wind yer neck in.

What's your problem?

i have been into hillsborough today when it was at a stand still. the lady who works in mad harrys said he had ran out into road was hit by the bus and was trapped under the back wheel of the bus poor man hillsborough is too busy with traffic hope what you have said about him dying is not true will keep looking

If it was outside mad Harry's, that corner with all the buses is really dangerous, people forget to look right for the buses that are filtering away from the tram gates, I've seen people almost be hit so many times it's ridiculous.

The Hillsborough traffic system is so bad I can't believe it ever past safety checks.

It is a wonder people are not killed there every day.

It is a matter of vital urgency that the whole area with it's dangerous crossings and tram tracks is re organised by someone with much more common sense and knowlege of how to design a safe layout than whoever botched up the current system.

Please do somthing before another tradgedy occurs.

So true....lets hope something will be done now.

go forth and ..... (insert own ending) ...... sick of folk pointing fingers & apportioning blame , were these folk all there , staring at a traffic light hoping an incident would occur ??? , WERE THEY ??

I doubt that so why go on about the driver went thro a red light .... I somehow doubt the driver having risen from bed this morning was in anyway thinking "right , who shall we kill today" ...... some peoples perceptions of bus drivers seem to lead to such conclusions !!

when you KNOW 100% what happened , enlighten us all , instead of usual hearsay rumours & "it must be right its on facebook/twitter" etc junk !

What the heck are you talking about? I've blamed no-one for the accident and am unlikely to do so as I wasn't there and know nothing about it. I have mentioned NOTHING about any red lights. What did amuse me was your unfortunate use of the word 'abhor' where you told us all that we abhorred you. I don't abhor you but you're beginning to look someone to be pitied.

---------- Post added 13-06-2013 at 16:15 ----------

"The victim, a 77-year-old man from the Parson Cross area of the city, suffered a broken nose and cuts to his right eyebrow and shin. He was taken to the Northern General Hospital, where he was detained."

So many people claiming he was dead. You really can't believe anything on here can you, be it dead dogs at Meadowhall or this.

So many people claiming he was dead. You really can't believe anything on here can you, be it dead dogs at Meadowhall or this.

Or a dead body found at Parson's Cross.

Non-expert witness evidence is notoriously unreliable. In air accidents you often have multiple witnesses claiming something which when the flight data recorder is read, is shown not to be true. :(

I was there just after the accident happened. My friend actually saw it happen though :(. People need to remember the green man is there for a reason, it's not worth trying to cross before just to save a few seconds.

So true. I use all the crossings in Hillsborough regularly, as a pedestrian and a driver. I always drive slowly through Hillsborough due to the people who just launch themselves off the pavement with little regard for either traffic or signals. I'm appalled that people with small children don't wait for the green man signal, what example does that give?

However, drivers are not guiltless, I've witnessed them driving the wrong way along the one way part of Taplin Road; turning left down Bradfield Rd (it's a No Left Turn); turning right at the bottom of Walkley Lane (No Right Turn); turning right out of Hillsborough Place onto Holme Lane (again, No Right Turn). And the cyclist who decided to turn right (it's a No Right Turn, and the lights were red anyway) into Holme Lane as he passed Subway took the biscuit. He nearly knocked me and another pedestrian over. We dodged him, but he didn't appear to even notice us!

I'm just surprised that there aren't more traffic accidents in Hillsborough.

So true. I use all the crossings in Hillsborough regularly, as a pedestrian and a driver. I always drive slowly through Hillsborough due to the people who just launch themselves off the pavement with little regard for either traffic or signals. I'm appalled that people with small children don't wait for the green man signal, what example does that give?

However, drivers are not guiltless, I've witnessed them driving the wrong way along the one way part of Taplin Road; turning left down Bradfield Rd (it's a No Left Turn); turning right at the bottom of Walkley Lane (No Right Turn); turning right out of Hillsborough Place onto Holme Lane (again, No Right Turn). And the cyclist who decided to turn right (it's a No Right Turn, and the lights were red anyway) into Holme Lane as he passed Subway took the biscuit. He nearly knocked me and another pedestrian over. We dodged him, but he didn't appear to even notice us!

I'm just surprised that there aren't more traffic accidents in Hillsborough.

I've seen two cars drive down the tram section outside Wetherspoons!

I've seen two cars drive down the tram section outside Wetherspoons!

Oh, that's a pretty regular event. If a driver lacks spatial awareness it can be an issue. I was once riding shotgun with a driver up Hackenthorpe way: she just drove straight onto the tram tracks (BTW: rails, sleepers and ballast, not concrete) and we bumped and crashed along for a few minutes before being able (thank the good lord) to take evasive action. Fortunately, no tram in sight during this interlude :hihi: