Where to get a yellow sharps box?

You are supposed to receive training before you go around picking up sharps. I do same in my community and have done for many years. It is very rare now that we find them here in S13 (Woodthorpe) now though. However you must be extremely careful when handling needles as many have blood and fluid deposits on the actual syringe part. Make sure you wear thick rubber gloves and if possible use a litter picker too. You can also report discarded needles via 101 etc although l am not too sure the response time to clear things nowadays.

We found to used needles on the back of our garden, which we thought was strange as all the gardens back on to each other. We reported it to 101 as didn't know who else to contact. They had to report it back to the council,who then told the police that because it was a non council property there was nothing they could do and we had to dispose of the needles. I'm sure this cannot be correct. The Police were great and phoned us back to inform us, and to report it if it happened again. As for the disposal of the needles I explained that I was a community nurse and carry a sharpes bin in my car. But what if like most people I didn't have one. Would I have to risk a needle stick injury from a dirty needle xxx